Poll

Have you ever (legitimately) beaten Super Mario Brothers (the original)?

Yes
25 (64.1%)
No
14 (35.9%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Print

Author Topic: Did you ever beat Super Mario Bros?  (Read 17816 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2007, 07:45:58 PM »
But it's not like you'll get a game over without more lives than you'd get just by playing through the levels. NSMB was insultingly easy. Well, just playing through to beat Bowser was, anyway.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2007, 08:32:56 PM »
Easy ... yet fun.
That was a joke.

« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2007, 08:37:33 PM »
I hate it when people criticize games because they weren't challenging enough. I HATE games that are impossible to beat (no, I'm not talking about games with infinite levels that crash after level 256). If I can't actually finish it because it's near impossible to finish, I don't feel I should've started it in the first place.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2007, 08:58:34 PM »
NSMB was on par with the originals except for the ridiculous amount of extra lives.  That is, the challenge of the level design was comparable... we've (well, most of us) just improved over time.

« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2007, 09:14:38 PM »
One of these days, I plan on beating the game. I get into a habit of playing a game up until close to the end, and then stopping.  Not because it's hard, but because I never want them to end, I guess.
This is a secret coded message.

« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2007, 02:03:11 AM »
I HATE games that are impossible to beat (no, I'm not talking about games with infinite levels that crash after level 256). If I can't actually finish it because it's near impossible to finish, I don't feel I should've started it in the first place.
Question: How do you tell if

A) The game is "near impossible to finish"

or

B) I am just bad

« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2007, 06:58:04 AM »
I hate it when people criticize games because they weren't challenging enough. I HATE games that are impossible to beat (no, I'm not talking about games with infinite levels that crash after level 256). If I can't actually finish it because it's near impossible to finish, I don't feel I should've started it in the first place.

A few Megaman X games are like that. Whenever I start one up, I usually just quit midplay due to the difficulty. Some of those games are pretty difficult.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 08:08:05 AM by OrangeYoshi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2007, 07:51:37 AM »
What.

« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2007, 08:02:34 AM »
...I guess they aren't difficult for some.

Battletoads is pretty tough I suppose.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2007, 03:00:34 PM »
I can beat this game in about 20 minutes. For the Megaman X games, they're easy to me. I'm a video game pro :)
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2007, 03:11:26 PM »
Uh....good....for you.

I'm pretty good at the classic Megaman games (though I'm sure there's someone here that will tell me that isn't very impressive). Pretty much everything I do now isn't too impressive, though I'm proud of 'em anyway.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2007, 12:47:32 AM »
I can beat NES Mega Mans no sweat. Mega Man X games are a little harder and probably take more time for me to beat.
P.S. Vid is a wimp and a n00b for giving up.
That was a joke.

« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2007, 01:00:36 AM »
Did I ever say I gave up?
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2007, 07:55:06 AM »
Ouch! I feel like a whimp of a gamer now.  :P

I need to try out something harder...then get really good at it and brag about it. Yeah. >:3
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 07:56:41 AM by OrangeYoshi »

« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2007, 12:41:13 PM »
You know, the Koopa in the Stairs Trick is also possible in New Super Mario Bros. The best way to do it is in the end of 2-2, (I think thats the number, but in case I am wrong, it is the desert stage with an underground lake). It is quicker than visiting 1-1 again and again.
Too bad I can play SMB because my Wii died in a thunderstorm...
Don't use real life to avoid videogames, it is not healthy to escape from problems.

Print