Print

Author Topic: Mario Galaxy confirmed for November 12th. (New trailer)  (Read 8436 times)

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2007, 08:44:40 PM »
Putting stuff in outer space does not automatically make it cool! I can't stress that enough sometimes. Eh, why am I even worrying about this? Sunshine left a bad taste in my mouth and I don't even have a Wii...
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2007, 10:11:29 PM »
I just saw over on NWR that it will have 120 stars and six areas.

Also, I like this quote:

"The game was actually fairly easy until a few months ago when Miyamoto went in and made the game harder. The development team started to get worried that it would be too hard at one point."
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 10:17:01 PM by Lizard Dude »

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2007, 10:56:34 PM »
Reminds me of SMB2J.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2007, 01:41:41 AM »
I like it too. Hope they don't try to make it easier and go overboard...
How about an easy mode and a hard mode? Like, in easy you can jump a bit higher, run a bit faster, kill things a bit easier, die a bit less easily, have that bee fly meter last a bit longer, make those mad suits appear more frequently, and a few more 1-Ups to collect. I understand that Mario is for any and everyone, but would it kill 'em to make it at least an option to make a  few changes to create a harder game (it may kill Mario)? Maybe a second quest after winning, like in SMB?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2007, 09:18:21 AM »
We shouldn't even have speculated. It always has been--and probably always will be--120 stars (give or take).

Only 6 worlds? ...Well, depending on the definition of "world"...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2007, 09:49:20 AM »
There's also going to be 40 galaxies.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2007, 09:25:16 AM »
Putting stuff in outer space does not automatically make it cool!
No, but Super Mario Galaxy is darn cool either way.
That was a joke.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2007, 09:46:15 AM »
It struck me that Nintendo seems to be approaching what nobody's been able to do so far: with their automatic camera and unique gravity system, it's as though they've finally figured out how to translate 2-D gameplay to a 3-D environment while still leaving enough leeway to provide a real 3-D experience.

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2007, 02:15:51 PM »
It struck me that Nintendo seems to be approaching what nobody's been able to do so far: with their automatic camera and unique gravity system, it's as though they've finally figured out how to translate 2-D gameplay to a 3-D environment while still leaving enough leeway to provide a real 3-D experience.
That's a really good acknowledgment. Looks like they got a little of the feedback about 'problem' with Mario Sunshine's camera. Nintendo always seems to get things right... Miyamoto is my hero.
The writer must earn money in order to be able to live and to write, but he must by no means live and write for the purpose of making money.

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2007, 05:10:42 PM »
Oh no! They changed the Star get! music! It's no longer the SMB castle clear but some tune that plays for Galaxy.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2007, 08:29:38 PM »
Nice, I can't wait. I find Mario games getting harder.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 08:42:24 PM by Kimimaru »
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2007, 08:55:36 AM »
Bee Suit?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2007, 09:36:53 PM »
You know what, when I saw that video, I thought he did look kinda like a mustachioed bumble bee guy
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2007, 08:14:55 PM »
Everything is the awesomeness... just one thing: Mario's voice slightly changed... again, surprise. He seems less excited about his yelps with his "woo's" and "howah's" rather than previous "YAH. WA-HAH's!!!!" of the past. At some points, when I hear his "woo" it sounds like Luigi played by Jen Taylor in the first Mario Parties..... or kinda like Banjo.....which would be bad. I like his voice exactly in Toadstool Tour, because he (GASP) speaks a whole letter when he challenges you along with the rest! I don't agree with people who say the Super Show voice actors were the best because of portraying them as actual Brooklyn plumbers, and I sorta strayed away from his SM64 and a few etc. game voices. I like GCN on up... but I don't like the growing trend of it getting higher and higher in pitch and having slightly kiddier yells with various actions like his annoying Sunshine monkey "ooh! ooh! ooh!" when he traverses a ceiling grate or "MAH" (2nd jump of triple) which was incorporated into 64DS, but there I didn't mind it. Also, I like his jumps in Paper Mario: TTYD (I kinda hated hearing his little "whoop" jump in Paper Mario... glad they changed it).

Maybe they're transitioning it very slowly because they're gearing for when they must have someone else voice act for Mario when Martinet kicks the bucket or retires, or if he... leaves Nintendo *now crying* so they can find someone who sounds similar to him.......................................................................like Arnold Schwarzenegger... or...... Gilbert Gottfried. jk.

Um yeah, I like Galaxy....and Mario now looks at his enemies when he runs or flies by as if he is paying attention and not running at them blindly like an idiot! And they addressed the possible problem of his head glitching into his arms, body, or more importantly his neck when he is looking around or locked onto an object. Mario seems more human than ever in terms of movement....(and in the preview for Mario & Sonic)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 08:38:20 AM by Trainman »
Formerly quite reasonable.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2007, 10:14:37 PM »
Bee Suit?

Amazing! I'm putting this on my Post of the Year '07 list.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Print