Print

Author Topic: Pokemon Topic  (Read 369460 times)

« Reply #690 on: November 13, 2010, 09:40:31 PM »
Just now am I beginning to realize how incredibly easy Pokemon games are.

You're a little late on that aren't ya?

(I'm not posting an image of slowpoke. I'll let someone else do that)
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #691 on: November 13, 2010, 11:39:25 PM »
I've always known they were easy, but never to this extent. Dunsparce's Headbutt can KO practically any foe within two hits. I managed to beat LeafGreen with nothing but a Farfetch'd a while back, but that was actually somewhat challenging.

If anyone here has easy access to Pokemon Red or Blue, perhaps you could replicate a glitch I once encountered: I used my Master Ball on a wild Machoke [don't judge me; I was seven years old and that ***** was at least level 42] in Victory Road, only to discover upon reaching the Indigo Plateau Pokemon Centre that all my boxed Pokemon had become invisible level-1 Rhydons with no attacks. The Name Rater considered them to be traded Pokemon, so he refused to let me give them distinguishable names. Needless to say, I started a new game shortly thereafter.

None of this is made up or copypasta'd. It should be noted that my mystery Pokemon were slightly different than the regular PC4SH in that their name field was completely empty, and that they didn't seem to learn any attacks naturally. I can remember teaching Surf to the ones I used in battle. So, who's up for a little glitch-investigation?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #692 on: November 24, 2010, 10:58:09 AM »
In spite of my better judgment, I actually kind of want to get a Gen V title.  Although it's mostly because of the amazing soundtrack.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #693 on: December 27, 2010, 03:15:39 PM »
March 6.

No takers for my previous post, then?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #694 on: December 27, 2010, 03:59:59 PM »
What I'd really like to know the release date of is the "third," combines-the-two-previous-versions installment (which the fandom has seemingly universally agreed to call "Pokemon Gray").  Because that's the one I'll get, if I participate in this generation.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #695 on: December 27, 2010, 06:01:24 PM »
Likewise, though I suspect they'll stay mum on that for a while.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #696 on: December 27, 2010, 08:03:35 PM »
I want to know when EarthRuby and SeaSapphire are coming out.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #697 on: December 28, 2010, 12:04:47 AM »
I don't see why you guys want to hold out when B/W already include a much beefier online system than Gen 4 did.

My only real problem is that the end game is quite lacking compared to Diamond and Pearl and the new experience system makes late level training far more tedious than it used to be.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #698 on: December 28, 2010, 09:12:16 PM »
I want to know when EarthRuby and SeaSapphire are coming out.

I'm still holding out for WaterBlue and LightningYellow. :[

« Reply #699 on: December 28, 2010, 09:42:10 PM »
I can't wait for BlazingFireRed and LushLeafGreen to come out.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #700 on: January 10, 2011, 10:18:33 PM »
You'll have to keep waiting. Contrary to popular belief, it's not "Remake every two gens" as much as "Remake on an anniversary".

The 20th of Red and Green is in five years.
No! I don't want that!

Jman

• Score
« Reply #701 on: January 12, 2011, 06:24:58 PM »
You'll have to keep waiting. Contrary to popular belief, it's not "Remake every two gens" as much as "Remake on an anniversary".

The 20th of Red and Green is in five years.

That is just nuts.  I remember watching the premiere episode of Pokemon. 
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #702 on: January 12, 2011, 11:30:22 PM »
Yo Pokémaniacs:

I became involved in a massive argument at work today against not one but two retarts who both independently claimed that they had traded their POKéMON from Blue directly up into Ruby. I was 100% sure the first guy was wrong but when the second guy, without knowing what the first guy had said, claimed the same thing, shadows of doubt and insanity began to creep into my brain.

I knew they were wrong because I distinctly remember the furor when Gen3 came out and created a "new universe" AND I remembered that the entire reason LeafGreen/FireRed existed was to bring the original 150 into the new universe AND I just looked up the info proving them wrong on the internet (Pokémon Sapphire manual, p. 50) BUT I want a knowledgable human to personally tell me I'm right. Was there any possible way to bridge the Gen2/Gen3 gap? A console game or something?

« Reply #703 on: January 12, 2011, 11:57:19 PM »
Nope, the way stats are calculated in the first two generations was changed for the third generation onwards, so the games are incompatible.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #704 on: January 13, 2011, 08:39:51 AM »
They either had some pirated GBA game or confused Sapphire with Blue.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print