Print

Author Topic: Paper Mario 3DS images  (Read 48812 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« on: June 15, 2010, 01:16:36 PM »
Paper Mario™
• The unique art style of the Paper Mario series gives new definition to 3D when
coupled with the visual effects of the Nintendo 3DS system.

In my opinion Paper Mario may be a perfect match for the 3DS, but I haven't seen it in 3D yet.  I'll update and possibly re-host or link TMK images later.  I'm watching the Sony conference right now. 

Edit:  These images are on photobucket and may exceed bandwidth soon so get them while you can.  The Mario Kart images I posted in another thread are already gone.
Edit 2:  Sorry.  All images re-hosted now. 
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 10:50:52 AM by Luigison »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 01:28:39 PM »
Day one

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 02:00:13 PM »
Definitely looking like a return to a more traditional RPG style à la TTYD.  I'm not sure if I'll get the 3DS, but if I do, I'll definitely be buying this game for it.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 02:28:35 PM »
I'm surprised this is for the 3DS.  So far we've had Paper Mario games for the console and Mario & Luigi games for the handheld.  Now that I think about it, though, it's an obvious choice: 3D paper effects!

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 03:05:19 PM »
It's interesting how a Chain Chomp seems to be with Mario, almost like a party member. But not a party member-it's too ordinary. Maybe a enemy recruiting system, or simply just having ordinary enemies to choose from...?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 03:19:13 PM »
Man, this came out of nowhere... heck, all this 3DS stuff did! Cool.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 03:57:53 PM »
That's the magic of E3, Brian.

Assuming those screens are from the game's first couple chapters, it seems that damage will be dealt on a larger scale than before: Mario loses 2 HP from touching a Pokey, and 5 from an early-looking boss' attack.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 04:55:22 PM »
Are games that don't use the touchscreen really going to have a giant Nintendo 3DS logo blazing up at you? Can't that screen just turn off?

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 05:24:00 PM »
I really wasn't expecting a new Mario adventure game this E3 since within 9-10 months we got a new RPG, 2D platformer, and 3D platformer.  Us Mario fans are really spoiled!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2010, 05:25:37 PM »
I think the 3DS logo on the bottom screen is just a place holder.  They did the same think when the DS came out. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010, 06:01:13 PM »
Interesting how the 3D feature can be toggled on or off at will.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2010, 06:09:26 PM »
It's interesting how a Chain Chomp seems to be with Mario, almost like a party member. But not a party member-it's too ordinary. Maybe a enemy recruiting system, or simply just having ordinary enemies to choose from...?

Maybe it's just a place-holder for the actual Chain Chomp partner, but they haven't given it the unique look that most enemies turned partners have yet..?

I am happy with a new Paper Mario game, but I am just not impressed with the 3ds so far. True, I haven't experienced it for myself, but all the images I've seen can have been achieved on current ds systems.

I forget: are 3ds titles backward compatible?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2010, 06:18:42 PM »
No, the 3DS actually has improved graphical capabilities which would not be possible on the original DS.

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2010, 06:59:02 PM »
I am happy with a new Paper Mario game, but I am just not impressed with the 3ds so far. True, I haven't experienced it for myself, but all the images I've seen can have been achieved on current ds systems.

It has 3D graphics...without glasses...

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2010, 07:04:34 PM »
Not to mention it looks way higher poly even without being able to see the 3D.
Toad: None of the images you've seen are representative of what the 3DS looks like. As LD stated previously, any camera filming a 3DS doesn't have the necessary tech to show you what it's like, and your computer screen doesn't either. You cannot see what it looks like without actually looking at a 3DS screen.
That was a joke.

Print