Print

Author Topic: WarpRattler's Gaming Challenge  (Read 23072 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2010, 04:12:40 AM »

You have eighteen hours.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2010, 05:21:34 AM »
You have seventeen hours.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 05:23:37 AM by Kuromatsu »

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2010, 11:19:42 PM »
Time's up, so it appears Kuro has bested me. This was the best I could do with what time I had:

The next game is a massive change in that it's multiplayer. We'll be playing Puyo Puyo via the free client Puyo Puyo VS. The challenge is simply to beat me best of fifty (and before you say that sounds excessive, rounds of Puyo Puyo usually last less than a minute). No time limit; instead, it'll end when one person succeeds or five people fail.

Here's how it'll work: I'm normally hanging out in #tmk as Illyasviel. Come in whenever and issue the challenge; if I'm there (that is, not sleeping or donating plasma or otherwise busy offline), I'll probably accept immediately and give you the server info. We'll be playing with hard drop enabled, but aside from that feature, it plays exactly like Puyo Puyo 2.

(I would suggest another multiplayer game of some sort, but the only multiplayer games I can play on my connection are Puyo Puyo, turn-based stuff, and StarCraft.)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2011, 03:25:06 AM »
Hey, remember how no one ended up playing me in Puyo Puyo except Waddle_doo (who didn't even go the full fifty rounds)? And then this thread died forever?

Well, it's back. And this time we're playing a game that's going to be a bit polarizing before anyone even starts playing, since I know a lot of people here don't have HD consoles: Pinball FX2, on the Paranormal table.

The table is also available in Zen Pinball, the PS3 equivalent of Pinball FX, but if you get it on Xbox 360, the table is free if you get it within the first week (it came out yesterday). The base game is free as well, so I highly recommend grabbing this stuff if you have a 360, even if you don't want to participate in the challenge.

Speaking of, the challenge is this: have a higher score than me by the deadline, November 15th. This is a totally arbitrary date and has absolutely nothing to do with Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3's release date.

As a side note, the next one of these challenges may or may not have a prize aside from bragging rights.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2011, 11:37:02 AM »
Oh, and just so you guys know, my second credit on Paranormal (on my Japanese account, so we're not counting it here) got me 11.4M. I expect at least that much from those of you who I already know are good at games.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2011, 11:39:52 AM »
I'd actually be interested in taking these challenges, but unfortunately I don't have any consoles here and my budget is pretty tight.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2011, 05:11:26 PM »
I can understand the no consoles thing, but the game is free until November 2nd. It doesn't matter how tight your budget is.

The only person on these forums who owns an Xbox 360 and has any excuse not to play this game is BP, who doesn't have an Internet connection capable of connecting to LIVE.

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2011, 05:25:43 PM »
I turned on my xbox to download the stuff and then it crashed right away so now I have to send it for repair. Curse you WarpWrattler.

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2011, 05:30:43 PM »
Now that's what I call some Paranormal activity.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2011, 11:31:34 PM »
Even freakier is the fact that there's 3.2M earned on that table on his gamertag after that post.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2011, 10:15:20 AM »
I can understand the no consoles thing, but the game is free until November 2nd. It doesn't matter how tight your budget is.

I overlooked that; my bad.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2011, 05:23:47 PM »
Just so you guys know, the current score to beat is 34.1 million.

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2011, 05:18:05 PM »
I haven't beaten it yet, only 33m, but know I'm coming for ya.

Edit: Aaaaaaand, done. By a whopping 700k. It would have been higher, but I was completely putzing up the dizzy chupacabra. Didn't get it once as I was coming up to Warps score.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 01:47:51 PM by CoconutMikeNIke »
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2011, 02:25:36 PM »
Oh snap!

That dizzy bonus can be insane. I got 3.4M from it in one hit in that 34M run.

I'll have to wait until I get home tonight to beat your score.

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2011, 02:36:21 PM »
I'll have to wait to beat both of you into the ground until my xbox gets back from the stinkin' repair center.

This will of course be way after Warp's deadline, but I don't care, I'm still going to beat you.

Print