Print

Author Topic: New Super Mario Bros. 2  (Read 33854 times)

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2012, 12:58:57 PM »
Formerly quite reasonable.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2012, 02:41:11 PM »
luigi looks like he has a fox tail in the picture.

That's because he does.

« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2012, 01:57:49 PM »
I was sort of right!
"Floor ice cream gives you health!" - Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2012, 03:45:17 PM »
Hmm.  There's a fox suit in NSMB2 and a flying squirrel suit in NSMBWiiU?  I wonder how the mechanics differ between games/suits.  Is the fox suit akin to the Tanooki Suit in SMB3 while the flying squirrel suit is more like the cape in SMW? 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2012, 07:53:03 PM »
If it's the same as 3D Land, Luigi's fox suit/tail is the same as Mario's raccoon ones, functionally. Just different-looking.

It makes me think it was made that way for simultaneous multiplayer. Not that 3D Land has it, nor may it have ever been intended to. Just something they'll be able to do if you've ever got Tanooki Mario and Luigi on the screen at the same time and can tell the difference between yellow and brown. The Toads, although unplayable, were shown in Tanooki suits as well, but they looked like Mario's and had colored bandanas... but then Mario can also get a Tanooki suit with a bandana that enables the statue transformation.

So who knows. I don't. Really.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2012, 09:30:04 PM »
To tell the truth I really didn't like Luigi's fox suit in 3D Land. I thought he'd have looked better with a regular Tanooki suit + a green scarf.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2012, 06:33:03 PM »
The screen-locking thing for co-op seems a bit strange, considering the relatively low field of view due to the 3DS screen.

I've seen a Mario hack that splits the screen in real time horizontally, vertically, and even both at the same time if the situation presents itself. You'd be surprised how well it actually works. It does jar you from time to time, but overall, it's a pretty unique way of handling two players on the screen simultaneously.

I believe co-op in DKCR automatically transports you back to whatever character is on the screen, in most situations, if you're off-screen long enough, and not about to come in contact with any type of hazard. (There's a set time limit until this happens).

The best solution is... you have two players, two 3DS', their own separate screens, obviously: just let the players roam about, and give some possible indication as to where the other character is in relation to your screen. Cuz it'd sure suck to be gaining momentum for a big jump only to be halted in mid-air by the slower character; on the flipside, if it gives screen priority to the leading character, it'd suck to be the trailing character getting dragged by the leading character.
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2012, 04:06:52 PM »
So, how many Coins is everyone up to? 15,000 here at the end of World 3.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2012, 04:53:32 PM »
I'm halfwayish through World 6 (no secret worlds) and I've got a little over 17,000. Only played Coin Rush a few times, though.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2012, 03:27:42 PM »
Bets are on as to how much the DLC level packs will cost.

EDIT: Just 100%'ed the game, sans Coin Rush. Is it just me, or is this game's difficulty a step down from NSMBWii?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 07:53:57 PM by Weegee »

« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2012, 09:14:07 PM »
One million coins.

* Toad pinky finger

My real guess is: hopefully less than 2 bucks. I expect anywhere between 99 cents and.. well, 2 bucks.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2012, 10:37:49 PM »
Is it just me, or is this game's difficulty a step down from NSMBWii?
itriedtowarnyou.jpeg
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2012, 10:49:14 PM »
I'm surprised they kept that demeaning White Leaf thing. Something tells me they really want everyone to win quickly. Still, I'm having fun with the game, and trying to unlock all the other stuff.

I'm thinking that I'll enjoy NSMBU more.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #73 on: August 20, 2012, 10:51:22 PM »
I must say, the credits/ending music is nice in this one. It makes more prominent use of the "Bah"s, making it sound more like Sunshine's scat rendition of the SMB theme than other NSMB fare.

« Reply #74 on: August 21, 2012, 05:21:50 PM »
I thought the game was a little bit on the easy and short side. I already have everything in the game except the 1,000,000 coin reward. It was a fun game though, and the 1,000,000 coins will keep me busy until Paper Mario: Star Sticker is released.
"Floor ice cream gives you health!" - Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising.

Print