Print

Author Topic: New Super Mario Bros. 2  (Read 33643 times)

« Reply #75 on: August 21, 2012, 11:47:12 PM »
I'm in accord with Weegee's last post.  Despite that from what I've seen they reused practically 100% of the soundtrack from NSMB+NSMBW, and destroyed it with that annoying "BAH" chorus (anyone else still like the original NSMB's athletic theme the best?), they actually did a surprisingly good job adding to the NSMBW credits theme.  Would have been even more impressed if it weren't for what the credits consist of (Mario collecting yet more trails of coins, all the while carrying Peach back to the castle.  I still would have liked at least some shoddily put-together excuse for the game's main gimmick, after all).
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #76 on: August 22, 2012, 05:28:08 AM »
I just realized that now people will try to beat this game with 0 coins.

« Reply #77 on: August 22, 2012, 11:16:34 AM »
I think there are entrances and exits to pipes with mandatory coins but competing for minimum coins would be fun, yeah.

« Reply #78 on: August 22, 2012, 03:26:07 PM »
@jdaster64 and Weegee

What makes the credits sound so good is that the "bah"s are really "doo"s, which actually sounds pretty good, better than "BAH BAH" all the time at least. Why couldn't they have just used "doo"s the whole time?

Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

« Reply #79 on: August 22, 2012, 10:57:48 PM »
Nobody likes doo doo in their music.

I haven't experienced the music in NSMB2 yet, but I can say that the NSMB series needs some better musical selection.. well, I say that.. Most of the tracks from NSBMW were good (Iggy's jungle levels come to mind), and the initial track ok (not the athletic version, but the other one) and the Tower musics from NSMBds were ok too..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #80 on: August 24, 2012, 02:55:39 AM »
The intro area to 6-3 is evil. That pit on the far right only exists to kill people who think they're tricky and finding a secret area.

Have you waited awhile at the title screen menu? It starts out like the intro cutscene, but then...

« Reply #81 on: August 24, 2012, 08:14:08 PM »
There's apparently an invisible 1-Up block near that pit.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #82 on: October 06, 2012, 11:03:13 AM »
Anyone downloaded those new Coin Rush packs yet?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #83 on: October 20, 2012, 03:25:38 PM »
Yes.

I recently started playing NSBM2 again.  Why didn't anyone warn me against spending my coins to save when they were needed to open the star/special world.  I tend to play portable game in small spurts and thus save often.  If I understand the situation correctly I could already be playing the special world had I not used all the five coin per path saves. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #84 on: October 20, 2012, 03:36:09 PM »
Quick Save is your friend, Luigi-san. I don't move on until collecting every Star Coin in a given level.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #85 on: October 20, 2012, 04:10:01 PM »
If it was my game and my game only Quick Save would be great, but my six-year-old daugher often plays my 3DS and would have deleted my quick saves. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #86 on: October 20, 2012, 04:45:31 PM »
Fair enough.

The level packs are good for Coin-farming, but it's a shame they can't be played as regular levels.

« Reply #87 on: March 16, 2013, 02:23:08 PM »
So, in Coin Rush, is it better to use regular Mario or White Raccoon Mario?

I've used both, but my coin count is higher with Raccoon Mario than with normal Mario.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #88 on: March 17, 2013, 12:30:41 AM »
White Raccoon Mario can't use Gold Flowers and can't touch Koopa shells without instantly killing them. Those two will severely limit your ability to get big coin amounts on most levels.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ2vaYli16c" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ2vaYli16c</a>

It is possible to get 30,000 coins with White Raccoon Mario, at least on the coin-farming DLC packs, but any other level pack is going to require a Gold Flower, and often some shell-jumping trick or at least kicking a shell, for a really high score.

But there's really no good reason to get a million coins anyway, so do whatever's funnest.

Oh hey, I have a question: If I've set a DLC pack as my StreetPass record, what happens if I StreetPass someone who doesn't have that pack? Or vice-versa? Can the person who doesn't have the pack see the record? Can they challenge it without having bought that pack? Will it even show up as a StreetPass on their system?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #89 on: March 17, 2013, 08:12:26 PM »
I've just finished the main game (save for the special worlds) and so just unlocked the ability to carry a Gold Flower in Coin Rush. Coin Rush should become more fun now. If only I could download the classic level pack..but that's a rant for another time.

Hey, I think I can answer your question: I hadn't made it into the Star Pack yet when I StreetPassed someone who had a Star Pack record. I still got the ability to play it (which I did), but it didn't become available to me after that. It was still grayed out in the regular Coin Rush options.

Addendum: I StreetPassed someone who had a dlc pack record. It wouldn't tell me which pack it was, and I also couldn't play it since I didn't have that one downloaded. So my answer above may not be entirely accurate either..
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 07:34:22 AM by Toad »

Print