Give it away
2 (5.6%)
Sell it
3 (8.3%)
Trade it in
1 (2.8%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Print

Author Topic: If you get a Wii U and have a Wii what'll you do with the old system?  (Read 18275 times)

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2012, 12:10:28 PM »
Hm, after some thought, I've decided I might sell mine. I want to fix it up a little (it's gotten beat up a bit over the years) before I part with it. Also, I'm definitely gonna hold onto it until I get all the data I need loaded into the Wii U. Either way, my GameCube should handle any incompatibility issues I have in the Wii's absence.

Speaking of the Wii U, I literally picked up the last copy they had from my local Fry's; they said I was lucky to come in so early, because for some reason they didn't have me pay for it all up front (which is standard procedure there) yesterday, when I asked to pre-order. Otherwise, they probably would've just sold it. In got the $449 package with the addition of a Wii Motion+/Nunchuk and NSMBU.
I'm a horrible person.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2012, 05:07:42 PM »
I just ordered a deluxe from Target.com.  Once I've completed the system transfer I'll put the old Wii in the basement with our old TV for my daughter.  I'm doing the same think with the PS3, but the old one's Blu-ray drive doesn't work and the hard drive is *only 80G so it'll be unplugged most of the time.  Otherwise I could use it as a heater and white noise generator running folding@home. 

*This seems strange to say since I started programming games with audio tapes as storage. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2012, 02:57:12 PM »
Figure this is as good a place as any to ask:

How long does the initial Wii U System Update normally take? About five minutes in, the progress bar hasn't even begun moving.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2012, 03:10:52 PM »
Figure this is as good a place as any to ask:

How long does the initial Wii U System Update normally take? About five minutes in, the progress bar hasn't even begun moving.
It took FOREVER* on my internet.

By the way, I hacked mine so now I need to get Reggie Dumper to work so I can make my own NSMBW levels.

*FOREVER being maybe 2-3 hours.
VVVERExSTFJCQVM=

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2012, 03:23:41 PM »
Mine is roughly 10% done after just over 30 minutes.

It's a shame that Mario platformers don't come equipped with a level editor. I guess too many kids would upload levels consisting of nothing but the word 'SCROTUM' written in Coins.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 03:27:25 PM by Weegee »

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2012, 06:30:19 PM »
Four-fifths done. It crapped out twice so far due to being "unable to connect to the server", but luckily it picked up exactly where it stopped both times.

Y'all had better check your good internet connection privilege.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2012, 06:57:49 PM »
Try having a 5GB/month bandwidth cap.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2012, 07:11:28 PM »
Try having a 425MB/day bandwidth cap.

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2012, 08:17:50 PM »
Try building Rome on 450k a day
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2012, 12:45:02 AM »
Try not even knowing what the hell those terms mean.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2012, 12:57:01 AM »
The term "day" is generally used to describe a time period of twenty-four hours. A month is generally thirty of these days, though some months consist of thirty-one days, and one month is either twenty-eight or twenty-nine days depending on the year (a period of either 365 or 366 days).

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2012, 01:24:38 AM »
I'd love to take you up on that offer Weegee. Not knowing what it means to only be allowed to have downloads and uploads total up to 5GB within a month before getting my Internet connection suspended sounds like a dream.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2012, 01:45:55 AM »
By "suspended" do you mean "no internet at all because you downloaded a thing on steam" or reduced speeds to the point of being useless.
VVVERExSTFJCQVM=

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2012, 01:47:32 AM »
Former. Or both, if you count that I have my phone, but its connection and browser are horrible.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2013, 08:42:34 PM »
Why is there no 'keep it' option? I now have my NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, Xbox, PS2, 360, Wii, PS3, and Wii U all hooked up to the same TV. The only other console I have that isn't hooked up is a Japanese N64 with 64DD.

I still have unfinished Wii games, and I would rather just play them on the Wii rather than trying to transfer data and stuff to the Wii U.

Print