Print

Author Topic: White Yoshi in SMA2  (Read 8835 times)

« on: November 24, 2012, 11:51:17 AM »
Hey, first post on here since 2009, but it's a doozy...

Here is a photo I captured of Super Mario Advance 2 on my GBA screen. It depicts, evidently, a White Yoshi. I can't remember what I did exactly to achieve it, but I was on a Red Yoshi in the 'Outrageous' course and got knocked off it. I went on to complete the level in that same session, but on the world map I was on a Yoshi again, this one was light blue in colour and when I moved sideways on the map, its head was missing.

I entered the 'Funky' level and this is what I saw...

I did a Google search and found absolutely no results for a White Yoshi in this game ?? So is this a weird glitch or have I stumbled across a major secret ?
White Elephant

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 01:04:15 PM »
Probably a graphical bug of some sort. Someone else here might be able to explain it.

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 01:35:05 PM »
Action Replay? I've been able to get a White Yoshi from using the cheat codes before... but to my knowledge, there isn't another way.

Have you ever used a Game Shark/Action Replay?
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 06:01:24 PM »
Action Replay? I've been able to get a White Yoshi from using the cheat codes before... but to my knowledge, there isn't another way.

Have you ever used a Game Shark/Action Replay?

Nope, never used any sort of cheating device and I've been playing the GBA for close to 10 years now. It really did just occur at random. I still have the file saved with the White Yoshi so may provide more pictures soon.

If this sort of thing is unheard of occuring *outside* of cheating codes, then this is made all the more monumental for me. When do I collect my medal ??
White Elephant

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 07:02:06 PM »
I vaguely recall another FF member pointing out a graphical glitch in SMA2's Special World a few years ago.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 03:48:09 PM »
Reminds me of how, eons ago, I found and caught a discolored Golbat in Pokémon Yellow. I was so excited because I thought I was super special. Then I forgot to save.

And then, even later, I discovered that there were no shiny pokémon until Gen 2. So now I'm convinced that I either encountered a glitch or fabricated the memory.
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee.

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 05:00:45 PM »
I haven't encountered a shiny since catching a Goldeen in Crystal.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2012, 11:49:26 PM »
I haven't caught a shiny since my shiny Gyarados in Silver.

:C

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2012, 11:51:16 PM »
What power does it have when it has a shell in its mouth?
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2012, 12:29:03 PM »
All of them. Simultaneously.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2012, 05:10:10 PM »
What power does it have when it has a shell in its mouth?

''Stomp'' and ''Fire'' power.
White Elephant

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2012, 12:34:07 AM »
But no flying? Interesting.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2012, 02:25:07 PM »
Maybe this glitch is the 'GBA' version of the Chargin Chuck glitch from the original ?

Both of these involved me getting knocked off an enemy when the screen was 'chaotic' and beating the level in the same sitting.  Just my theory anyway (and I'd be a liar if I said I wasn't chuffed to bits for discovering this !)
White Elephant

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2012, 07:46:29 AM »
I have uploaded some more pictures:

You can see the discoloured blue tint to the Yoshi sprite on the world map.

His head disappears when you move sideways.

White Elephant

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2012, 12:54:08 PM »
If you still have it after a save & quit (or even after finishing the level), and it doesn't behave exactly like a normal Yoshi that's just discolored, it sounds to me like it was probably meant to be in there but was scrapped. But The Cutting Room Floor doesn't have anything about it.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print