Print

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. 4 Wii U and 3DS  (Read 146240 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #465 on: November 21, 2014, 08:33:26 PM »
I can't even find the adapter anywhere in my area right now... I wish I had a dilemma that let me use GC controllers.  Personally, after getting used to the 3DS controls, I'd be fine with those for myself, but anyone else I wanna play with might not even have a 3DS, let alone want to use it as a controller.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #466 on: November 23, 2014, 09:27:49 PM »
Relics.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #467 on: November 24, 2014, 12:45:52 AM »
Well... that's unfortunate!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #468 on: November 24, 2014, 06:50:10 AM »
Almost as freaky as how that guy has the same username I had when I first started using message boards in middle school.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #469 on: November 24, 2014, 07:27:57 PM »
A few more:

http://38.media.tumblr.com/32021f9b2675cb2f5178e0c3be4ca83f/tumblr_nfiu2d0nCI1qadqfco2_1280.png
http://38.media.tumblr.com/cd20e22f5a966ed6091f4c798fd49ee7/tumblr_nfiu2d0nCI1qadqfco4_1280.png
http://38.media.tumblr.com/6f0c4e9ca96303394b7ab65c43d7a809/tumblr_nfiu2d0nCI1qadqfco1_1280.png

GCN controller Adapters are currently selling for upwards of $60. Likewise, Marth Amiibos are being scalped for 50% more than their regular retail price since there are so few of them to go around. I had to visit four stores to find a Villager, and that location only had a single one left in stock. The cheapest you can get him on Amazon is $16, which is a few dollars more than any but Marth.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #470 on: December 07, 2014, 04:55:38 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwd00v5MXgU" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwd00v5MXgU</a>

I'd like to thank smash bros. for influencing people to imitate it with real life violence because it's really really funny to watch
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #471 on: December 14, 2014, 10:00:13 PM »

« Reply #472 on: December 15, 2014, 03:42:28 PM »
Wonder how much money they've lost out on from would-be Marth, Villager, and WFT Amiibo buyers so far. Unless they change their mind and churn out a bunch more of each, this is terrible business sense. They should just stop printing Marios and Pikachus since everyone who wants those ones has them, and replace their shelf space with Little Macs and the like for the time being.

Speaking of which, how's everyone's collection like? Mario, Yoshi, and Villager here. Hoping to eventualy get Rosalina, and perhaps Toon Link and ROB.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #473 on: December 15, 2014, 04:11:14 PM »
I only really want Greninja and Ness. Well, that's easy to say, but the sheer once-in-a-lifetime factor for characters like Shulk or Dr. Mario is difficult to disregard...

Even though I don't personally care about what amiibos do, I find it really really stupid that some characters are already impossible to find. This is a game mode! People are going to go to the game mode 30 years from now and only be able to read about what it did on the internet. I mean, obviously almost all games will in some way outlive the production of anything sold-separately needed to play all of their parts. But it hasn't even been one month yet, and it's already too late to get one if you ever wanted a Wii Fit Trainer FP? That is ridiculous.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #474 on: December 15, 2014, 10:55:07 PM »
I had originally vaguely planned to collect-'em-all, buying one a week or so but once I saw how fast the new waves were coming and the fact that certain Amiibo vanished forever from stores within two weeks I bailed on that dream.

Current collection:

Fox -- The first time I saw Amiibo in RL something about the Fox figure grabbed me. I never use him in Smash and have played all the games but have no particular fanboy love for Star Fox. However something about his large amount of colors, details, and dashing pose sold me. I also like the costume he gets you in Mario Kart 8. I use it, the Prancer kart, and the Waddle Wing for a complete animal set!

Wii Fit Trainer -- After a few days of seeing reports about the incredible scarcity and skyrocketing prices of The Three Amiibos I noticed that my store still had one of them on the shelf: a lone Wii Fit Trainer. When Amiibo was announced she was the one I dreamed of owning first because it's funny. Now I'm livin' the dream.

Little Mac -- Today we received a lone Little Mac (accompanied by a sole Diddy and five Zeldas) and I insta-bought it.

« Reply #475 on: December 19, 2014, 05:20:40 PM »
I'm so discouraged about having to unlock all those custom moves and Mii outfits over again. I had nearly every clothing item and a good two-thirds of the custom moves unlocked in the 3DS version, which all now feels for naught. Part of me wishes this will be the last Smash Bros. ever so I'll be able to unlock everything without feeling I've wasted my time once SSB5 is inevitably announced.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #476 on: December 20, 2014, 01:14:34 AM »
I don't think I have ever had less fun with a game than with Smash Tour.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #477 on: December 20, 2014, 01:59:04 AM »
Have yet to try it. Does it make Smash Run feel like the zenith of game design?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #478 on: December 20, 2014, 03:22:32 AM »
I didn't have a chance to play Smash Run. But I'll put it like this: comparing Smash Tour to Mario Party is unfair. To Mario Party. It is "Random Crap Happens And Someone Is Declared The Winner" to a ridiculous degree.

Characters are dropped onto the map such that you know who's going to get them as soon as they appear. Yup, some jackoff is going to get your favorite character while the RNG decides Jigglypuff and Marth are perfect for you.

When fights happen, you might just die at the word go, because while you're busy soaking in that you're Marth, the match is going to be an "Explosive Smash," and the only in-battle item you have is a back shield, the other players are using their in-battle items that make you start with 100% and give them Hammers. You'll figure out why you died...after it happens.

The last match has one cool thing about it. Each of your stocks is a different character. Why wasn't this a normal mode where you can choose your characters!? The dumb part (other than that you're probably going to be using characters no higher than #14 or so on your favorites list) is that it's time mode. Meaning, you can go in with two characters, lose them both halfway through the match, and still win if you had enough KOs.

The entire mode will make you feel young again. In the worst ****ing ways possible. You have no power in it. Decisions are constantly being made for you. Something bad will happen, it won't be your fault, but you'll be punished anyway. The other players will get things you want. You'll be stuck with things you don't. You will want to cry and scream, "this isn't fair."
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 03:24:23 AM by BP »
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #479 on: January 09, 2015, 05:17:19 PM »
That's... pretty much what I imagined, only worse.

Have a visual pun.

Print