Print

Author Topic: Pokemon topic  (Read 141874 times)

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #585 on: June 10, 2007, 10:08:07 AM »
What? Roguelikes are good. I would assume the PMD sequel will play much the same way as the first one.

This reminds me of one interesting thing I heard about PMD. A lot of people thought the penalty for fainting in a dungeon was too harsh (losing all money and most items, as well as having to start over in the dungeon) while the "true" roguelike community thought PMD was too easy (all items identified, no "permadeath" or loss of experience upon fainting).
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #586 on: June 14, 2007, 06:15:42 PM »
I dunno what everyone's complaining about. Actually... I just like PMD for the fact that I can be Squirtle. ^_^
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #587 on: June 14, 2007, 07:45:18 PM »
PMD is too easy. I want to play NetHack on my DS (with the brutal difficulty and ASCII intact) so that I can tell people I'm a tourist fighting orcs.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #588 on: June 14, 2007, 08:07:14 PM »
Update on my Pearl progress. My team of five is now at level 88 and my Pokédex has complete info on 337 Pokémon (put a 1 in front of that and what do you get? LOL) I'm running low on Pokémon to evolve though. All that is left are the ones that takes ages like the Larvitar and Bagon lines. Not sure what I'll do after that since I don't have any of the GBA games or wi-fi access.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #589 on: June 15, 2007, 01:40:43 AM »
It's a real pity that you don't have wi-fi access... I really need to get information for the Legendary Dogs, and I have all of the lines you mentioned.

As for my team, the leader (Lv96 Latios, Eon Suffix) has gotten far ahead of the rest because of my hard earned Lucky Egg.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #590 on: June 15, 2007, 05:11:03 PM »
I have all the Pokemon games except Emerald, Ruby, Sapphire, Diamond, Pearl, or Crystal because I can't get video games that often nowadays. Anyway in Red, I had a level 255 Golbat, but I put him in the PC and it freezes when I try to take him out. On the other hand this is my party for Gold:

Jigglypuff: lv 100
Ditto: lv 100
Pikachu: lv 100
Ho-OH: lv 100 and best on the team
Typhlosion: lv 100
Bellosom: lv 100

Yeah, it took me a long time to get this and I have almost all the Pokemon(I'll get you Celebi.. somehow). I have no gameshark so I might be stuck with 249 or 250 Pokemon. I just need to catch Entei.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #591 on: June 15, 2007, 08:41:34 PM »
I'm feeling kind of let-down. I want to get Fire Red so that I'll have something I can use to get Pokemon off of my Ruby cart and start a new game, and for a while I had an idea to create something of an Electrical Discharge Yellow version--trade a Pichu egg to raise in place of the FR starter. Of course, you can't do that in Fire Red or Leaf Green till you beat the game... I've done it with a Castform egg in Sapphire before (it must be an egg, otherwise it won't obey). Castform makes a killer starter.
I'm not so happy about the lack of link cable ports in the DS, and lack of Game Boy compatibility. There's now a Game Boy Color emulator for the DS (Lameboy, version 0.8 finally has sound) and I have Yellow and Crystal on it...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #592 on: June 16, 2007, 01:52:05 PM »
Yeah, it took me a long time to get this and I have almost all the Pokemon(I'll get you Celebi.. somehow). I have no gameshark so I might be stuck with 249 or 250 Pokemon. I just need to catch Entei.

Hey, Kimimaru-- I am unfortunately not on track to catch an Entei, but I will be before too long. Right now, I'm after Raikou, but if I could get a Pokédex entry on that guy, I could retool and start FireRed over. After all, it only took me 26 hours to get to and beat the Elite Four. Respond quickly, because I could find Raikou at any moment now and start a ludicrous waste of time.

Speaking of Entei and such, I really need entries on the Gold/Silver legendaries.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 02:44:39 PM by Suffix »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #593 on: June 16, 2007, 03:56:49 PM »
There is no way to get Celebi in Gold, Silver or Crystal in the U.S. versions without a cheat device... I used to have a Game Boy GameShark but no longer.
It's YOUR problem!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #594 on: June 16, 2007, 07:51:47 PM »
I can get Entei on LeafGreen if I ever feel I want to (although it may take a little while, since I sent my Master Ball to Diamond).

My younger brother bought Pearl earlier today, which, coupled with my purchase of Tetris DS, brings the count of WFC-enabled games in my house to 3, meaning I have more reason to persuade my dad to buy a Wi-Fi Adapter. Who wants Mewtwo?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #595 on: June 16, 2007, 09:22:58 PM »
Heh... I'm about to have two. Mewtwo I have, Mew I do not.

I encountered Raikou today, and am in the process of training a Marowak to a speedy enough level to use False Swipe before Raikou escapes.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #596 on: June 17, 2007, 12:20:46 PM »
Time to show off my current Pokémon Diamond party. Beware, that this is definitely not my main party, or my final one.

Staraptor Lvl. 61  Brave Bird, Close Combat, Steel Wing, Fly
Floatzel Lvl. 59  Crunch, Razor Wind, Waterfall, Surf
Dialga Lvl. 60  Earth Power, AncientPower, Dragon Claw, Roar of Time
Bibarel Lvl. 30  Strength, Rock Smash, Rock Climb, Cut (My HMs-only Pokémon)
Luxray Lvl. 59  Spark, Discharge, Thunder Fang, Crunch
Pupitar Lvl. 44  Dark Pulse, Rock Slide, Crunch, Thrash

My Torterra (Lvl. 62 with Crunch, Earthquake, Frenzy Plant, and Leaf Storm) is in the PC to make room for Pupitar, who will be in my final party as a Tyranitar I think (I have one in Golf that I love so much, I have to have another). The above Pokémon (minus two), as you'll see below, will not make it to my final party, but I've 1.) Been with them for a long time and have attached to them, and 2) They make a good secondary party. The following Pokémon, I believe, will be in my final party:

90% GUARANTEED
Torterra
Dialga
Heatran
Giratina

POSSIBLE
Machamp
Darkrai
Spiritomb
Tyranitar

The guaranteed ones are all very strong and can be very helpful to my party; Torterra with it's Defense and overall effectiveness, Dialga with its high and well-rounded stats (Can't go wrong with Dragon or Steel, but together = WIN), Giratina and it's Shadow Force (Also, Dragon and Ghost both great, but together = WIN), and Heatran with it's Fire/Steel type, providing both good Attack and Defense.

The possible ones are also good considerations. Machamp has a very fitting Pokédex description: the Superpower Pokémon, as its Attack goes off charts (300s+). Darkrai has its very useful signature attack, Dark Void, which puts its opponents to sleep and sucks away their health. Spiritomb has no weakness and has somewhat high and well-rounded stats. Lastly, I just love Tyranitar. It looks freaking awesome, has good Attack and Defense, and can be a very strong Pokémon to have to go up against.

Hopefully, in a few months, I will have my final party all figured and and leveled/gathered up. Wish me luck, Pokétrainers.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #597 on: June 17, 2007, 03:41:37 PM »
Mr. Melee, how do you intend to get Darkrai?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #598 on: June 17, 2007, 04:09:59 PM »
Way to fill your party with generic ones found in everyone's parties... Well I don't know any of those fourthies, except Torterra and Dialga. Floatzel must be Buizel's evolved form... otherwise judging by the presence of a legendary and a future Tyranitar... I don't know, I generally like to avoid depending on legendaries and all. I've basically given up on Diamond, for it being boring to me... Glad I didn't buy it... But now I've realized, if I see all 150 there are to see in Sinnoh, I'll be able to use it to trade with Ruby (which would be good), but I've only seen 47 and I know it'd take a long time to get the National Pokedex. Arrgh.
Don't offer to help me out here by trading with me a bunch, because I'll probably refuse...
It's YOUR problem!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #599 on: June 17, 2007, 04:11:29 PM »
Mr. Melee, how do you intend to get Darkrai?

I think it had something to do with that "in a few months" thing...

Print