Print

Author Topic: Mario Haters...Why do they have to be so mean?  (Read 40889 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #150 on: May 31, 2007, 06:03:10 AM »
I'd go with the latter. Generally, I find that countering with information about a game's characters rarely works. That happened a few years ago when I was explaining Primal Rage to a friend, and everything i said made it worse.
every

« Reply #151 on: June 01, 2007, 06:10:15 PM »
Why do Mario haters have to be so mean?

Because they think that Mario is too kiddy to play. It makes me sad because some of the people that I've known to bash Mario are around my age, and therefore likely grew up playing the same games that I played.

It doesn't make sense.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #152 on: June 01, 2007, 11:04:17 PM »
They grew up giving in to peer pressure, or only go with what everyone else thinks is 'cool.'  Bah!  I don't let anyone tell me what I'm supposed to like or think.  I like what I chose or grew up to like!
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #153 on: June 02, 2007, 03:13:33 PM »
Children playing kiddy games is so childish

« Reply #154 on: June 04, 2007, 02:14:33 PM »
Myself, I've never met a Mario hater. Everyone around here either likes Mario or is indifferent. Heck, my physics teacher is a big fan of Mario. I just wonder if Mr Rader ever came here...
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #155 on: June 04, 2007, 03:10:32 PM »
Same here; there are a few Pokemon bashers in my area, but no Mario haters that I know of.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #156 on: June 04, 2007, 05:40:58 PM »
Actually, Bird Person, looking at the Mario series sales and popularity, I'd have to say that it is indeed the majority that likes Mario.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Wiiario

• Has seen Kirby naked
« Reply #157 on: June 23, 2007, 09:05:38 PM »
Because they r jealous! Jealous of mario really high jumps!
I really don't care much for logic.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #158 on: June 23, 2007, 09:09:09 PM »
GAH, why does this topic keep getting revived?! I'LL SEE YOU IN COURT WIIARIO!!!!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #159 on: June 23, 2007, 10:34:50 PM »
Videogames are supposed to be fun. Generally--Mario games are fun. What's the problem here?

As for the aforementioned Pokemon bashers, I played Pearl whenever I got the chance at school after I got it (last month or so), and all I really heard was "oh, yeah, Pokemon's  awesome!", or something to that effect. Besides, some kid I kinda knew also got it, anyway.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #160 on: June 25, 2007, 02:06:09 PM »
This topic never dies for good. I think it's doomed to be revived over and over again like some sort of monster of mad science.
every

Print