Lukewarm
0 (0%)
Not very good
3 (5.4%)
sucked, no doubt about it
1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Print

Author Topic: Do you like the new SMB?  (Read 24195 times)

jeevananthan

• Banned
« Reply #90 on: August 03, 2006, 02:58:57 PM »
I love the mini games I have so many good high scores

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #91 on: August 03, 2006, 06:00:08 PM »
I love the mini games I have so many good high scores
High scores?  Hmmm.  Maybe I should make a new high scores page. 

http://www.geocities.com/dr_shows/SM64DS.htm

On second thought, no.  Anyone else want to do it?
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #92 on: August 03, 2006, 06:09:49 PM »
I finally got this game.I beat almost instantly.

I liked it but it is pale in comparison to the original Mario bros games.
"A winner is you"

« Reply #93 on: August 03, 2006, 06:52:00 PM »
NSMB isn't to bad. As a whole, it's a fun game, but not as good as the older Mario side-scrollers. The initial quest can be beaten in less then 2 days, but there's a bunch of other stuff to keep you busy afterwards. Close, but no cigar. Still, there is alot of fun to be found in NSMB.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

« Reply #94 on: August 06, 2006, 04:21:10 PM »
Alright, so I'm 3 months late to the party. Oh well.

It's a great game, and I'm happy I decided to buy it. I'm sure I'll play through it again and again. I didn't know how refreshing it could be.

Though, I feel odd that I'm most likely going to get 100% on my first playthrough (Unlocked worlds 1-5, and have all Star Coins in each world so far).
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #95 on: August 08, 2006, 08:40:20 PM »
That reminds me:  One thing I didn't like is how the game wants you to collect those big coins.  Then, it quantifies your progress at the select screen with those stars... It made the game seem scientific.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Sqrt2

« Reply #96 on: August 13, 2006, 03:38:11 PM »
I like it even though it is a little bit easy (considering I've aced the first 2 worlds 100% with only minor difficulties). However I simply love the Mega mushroom (not too keen on the shell/mini mushroom power-ups to be honest) and the idea of rampaging through levels, destroying the scenery.
AA fanboy and proud!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #97 on: December 20, 2006, 09:53:38 PM »
I hate to bump this topic, but, I wasn't very pleased with the game, it was too easy and short, the new power ups sometimes were a nusience (Mega Mario always gets stuck in some narrow passageway he can't get through, wasting the item) I didn't like that flying and Yoshi were missing (it woulda' made the game MUCH better) And after finding all the levels, star coins, and secret exits, there isn't much to do than the minigames, the level desing lacked creativity a bit, but I enjoyed the classic sound effects and music, and I enjoyed playing a new Mario platformer, insted of just older ones.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #98 on: December 21, 2006, 12:31:11 AM »
Well, they said Yoshi and the ability to fly weren't included because the game was to capture the retro feel of the original SMB... but I completely agree. The game was purely awesome and something you can't go wrong with in purchasing, but it could've been vastly more awesome. And the Mega Mushroom was overrated. Ah well.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #99 on: December 29, 2006, 01:19:19 PM »
Hey everyone I'm back... (when did they reset the number of posts? btw).

New SMB is definetly a winner.
 n/a

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #100 on: December 29, 2006, 01:54:10 PM »
Whoah, It's another blast from the past!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #101 on: December 29, 2006, 03:44:42 PM »
They weren't exactly reset, we just stopped counting edits as individual posts.
That was a joke.

Print