Print

Author Topic: The Toad Game  (Read 10080 times)

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2006, 02:24:03 PM »
it be pretty cheap Luigi is better
[/color]

[ProTip: Just because the board has format buttons doesn't mean you have to use them. -Deezer]
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 09:16:44 PM by Deezer »

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2006, 03:19:29 PM »
WTD!?

Anyway, the Toad game I envisioned was an arcade-style puzzler, because we don't have enough of those(Mvs.DK wasn't enough), I initially thought it should be made for the GBA. But since the idea of the Virtual Console was brought up, maybe that's a good place for it.

PS: I'm still open for suggestions on the characters from before.

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2006, 11:19:15 AM »
Huh ... interesting concept. When I first saw the board, I was sorta like, 'Aw, naw ... as if ...' But as I thought about it, a Toad game could kick arse-a-roony. Besides, who knows? It could pave the way for platformer-esc games centered around other mario-side-characters.

Like, say ... a Waluigi game? *evil cackle* Mwahaha, oh ... one day, one day ...

Eh-uhm ... anywho! ^.^; I acctually don't have too many ideas for it, but I gotta say, the ideas you guys have thrown out there are pretty darned good! Keep it up!

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2006, 04:33:21 PM »
I think the evil toad sould be all black, with skulls on his head, and a evil magic wand to cast spells
Combine all nintendo systems!

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2006, 05:23:44 PM »
I think the evil toad sould be all black, with skulls on his head, and a evil magic wand to cast spells

There we go. Toad's game should be a magic/puzzle game. I love the thought of Toad becoming a mage, then having to help defend the Mushroom Kingdom with his newfound magical abilities.

"I am Toad, magic retainer of the Mushroom Kingdom!"
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Sqrt2

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2006, 02:40:04 AM »
Sounds suspiciously like Final Fantasy only with toad. Then again, maybe that's not such a bad idea...
AA fanboy and proud!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2006, 02:15:30 PM »
Well, I once had this idea for a Zelda rip-off starring Toad.

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2006, 09:51:40 PM »
A game I'm making for SMBHQ will be called "Toad's Forest". It's basically a platformer starring Toad, and with a universal time limit. The story revolves around Toad overhearing Bowser's plans to do a surprise attack on the Mushroom Kingdom, and decides to go and alert the Mario brothers. He finds out Bowser's army has already started to the kingdom, and realizes in order to get there in time he must take a short-cut through Fungus Forest.

For now I'm still planning out the general gameplay and controls.

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2006, 06:16:59 PM »
Watoad would be the final boss.
This is a secret coded message.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2006, 07:21:18 PM »
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2006, 08:01:44 PM »
Cool! Nice job!

AS for story, I've been thinking alot about how neat it would be for Toad to star in a puzzle heavy RPG. It could go something like this..

Each of the colored generic Retainers (Red, blue, green, yellow, purple) and the three main Toads (that is, Toadette, Toad, and Toadsworth) could each be a retainer over a certain area of the Mushroom World (very much like SMB3). The Retainers know magic that can protect the King of each World, and in turn, the King's use the Wands to protect the people of the Worlds that they rule over.

My thinking is that each Retainer would fit best in the World that matched their color the most..

Grass Land- Green Retainer (Green knows Earth Spells)
Desert Hills- Red Retainer (Red knows Fire)
Water World- Blue Retainer (Blue knows Water)
Giant Land- Mario (Mario doesn't help rule over this area, he has been captured and is being held hostage. Mario would be the equivilant to the Red Mage of Final Fantasy games)
Sky Land- Yellow (Yellow knows Wind)
Ice Land- Purple (Purple knows Ice, which has a slightly different effect from water)
Pipe Maze- Luigi (see Mario's description, and Luigi would be less of a fighter and more of a healing/support character)
Dark Land- (the Princess would be here..)

Now, when you start the game, you only have Toad and Toadette playable. Toad is a very quick little guy that can  do a few basic spells to start with, and Toadette is learning how to become a Combiner (a person that can combine spells to make different effects.)

As you play the game and rescue the Retainers, the join the party and teach Toad and Toadette how to use their spells.

When you reach the final World, and you get into the Castle, a very exciting scene occurs in which Bowser is in a wizard's duel with.. *pause for dramatic effect* ..Wart! Yes, Wart, the boss from SMB2. Turns out in my game, Bowser was framed, and so you have to deal with Wart before the game ends.

*looks back over paragraphs*

Wow, I didn't mean to type that much. I guess I got carried away a little bit, huh? :)

Anyway, any thoughts?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2006, 07:35:59 AM »
it should be a game that parodys all nintendo games during different levels
Hanging out inside a lion is probably detrimental to one's health in the long run.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2006, 06:43:15 PM »
 Wai Wai World: The Nintendo Edition? Nah.

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2006, 10:02:44 PM »
Here's a neat idea: putting Mario characters into other games..

Secret of Mana, for example, becomes Secret of Mario (Mario replaces the Boy, Peach the Girl, Toad the Sprite child).

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time becomes Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Toad (Luigi replaces Link, Daizy[the Z is not a typo] replaces Zelda.. er.. maybe this one isn't such a hot idea)

Tetris becomes Toadtris. The blocks all retain their basic shapes, the parts of the blocks are mushrooms of a similar color (all red for the Z shaped block, all blue for the long block, etc..)

Weird.. I did have more ideas, but alas cannot think of any more right now. :/
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 01:37:42 PM by Toad »

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2006, 03:40:02 PM »
I'm not sure if this is the topic for ideas like that, but I think that Toad could easily star in a Zelda-type game (which I think I already posted here) which would probably bear more similarities to Adventures of LoLo.

Print