Print

Author Topic: New Mario game details from E3 2011  (Read 12413 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« on: June 07, 2011, 12:33:40 PM »
Nintendo showed footage of Luigi's Mansion 2 and announced a new Smash Bros. title during their press conference at the Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles this morning.

Reggie Fils-Aime, President and COO of Nintendo of America, stated that Luigi's Mansion 2 for the Nintendo 3DS is an all new game including several new mansions. Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata announced that the next Smash Bros. game is coming to both the 3DS and Wii U, Nintendo's upcoming home console.

Mario Party 9 for Wii was also announced, but not mentioned during the conference.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 04:37:06 PM »
It's not that I didn't want a new Luigi's Mansion, but I just couldn't think of a way to do it without adding a new character or pulling some SMG2 "what first game?" nonsense. But "mansions", plural? Well, I'll just have to see where that goes...

As for SSB, I'm definitely psyched, and it's about time there was a portable version... but I always have a hard time thinking that games released simultaneously on a portable and home console are of the same quality as one released just on latter.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 05:45:28 PM »
http://e3.nintendo.com/games/detail/#/wii/fortunestreet
Itadaki Street!

Also, there'll be a free Four Swords on DSiWare apparently.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 06:00:38 PM »
A port of the original, or something new? Well, as new as it could be.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 06:50:01 PM »
I kinda was hoping Luigi's Mansion 2 would come out on Wii. First person waggle suction.

Are any of the TMK staff passing out "Trust the Fungus" stickers at E3 (and trying out Wii Us)?

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 06:54:28 PM »
For (what looks like it's) borrowing so many things from Mario Party, you would think they would let Hudson be involved with Fortune Street.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 07:13:21 PM »
Man, David still owes me Trust the Fungus stickers from a contest ages ago. Do you really think he's at E3 handing them out?

Also, it would be more accurate to say Mario Party borrows from Itadaki Street.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 07:26:10 PM »
pulling some SMG2 "what first game?" nonsense.

This isn't new; basically all Mario games do this.

A port of the original, or something new? Well, as new as it could be.

They confirmed that it's going to be a new game.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 12:18:49 AM »
Whoa really? AWESOME.

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2011, 04:19:33 AM »
I kinda was hoping Luigi's Mansion 2 would come out on Wii. First person waggle suction.

Come to think of it, that would work really well in first-person.

As for SSB, I'm definitely psyched, and it's about time there was a portable version... but I always have a hard time thinking that games released simultaneously on a portable and home console are of the same quality as one released just on latter.

Indeed. I wonder if the portable version will be missing certain features, or if it'll be identical save for technical specifications.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2011, 02:33:54 AM »
Also, it would be more accurate to say Mario Party borrows from Itadaki Street.

I had no idea how old Itadaki Street is! This iteration though does look an awfully lot like Mario Party 8 with minigames and the spinning dartboard.

Come to think of it I haven't seen Hudson's Name on the Mario Party 9 trailer. Maybe Nintendo has dropped Hudson Soft, explaining why we got Wii Party while there was a lull in the until-then relentless release of Mario Party games. Mario Party 8 was pretty disappointing though.

//No I'm not as fanatical as I sound about Mario Party.

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2011, 09:31:09 PM »
I never thought i would see the day. Luigi's! Freaking! Mansion! 2!!!! YES! this was my favorite gamecube game.
"Floor ice cream gives you health!" - Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising.

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2011, 08:54:04 PM »
Luigi's Mansion was a pretty good concept and executed flawlessly, could they make it better? I'd like to see. Some may not know this, but if you complete a mansion at any rank you can play the hidden mansion mirrored, which is refreshing.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2011, 10:51:04 PM »
I hope I can dl the Four Swords DSiWare to a 3DS because I DON'T want want to have to get a DSi.
And YES on LM sequel!  I love the original, but it's so short.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2011, 05:35:53 PM »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2011, 08:15:47 PM »
I hope I can dl the Four Swords DSiWare to a 3DS because I DON'T want want to have to get a DSi.
You will. Most old DSiWare stuff isn't available in the 3DS eShop yet, but since it opened all DSiWare has come out on both.

Print