Print

Author Topic: What we need in this world  (Read 35717 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2009, 12:16:57 AM »
I saw the one Turtlekid described. I've read there's a third one, also.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2009, 01:20:29 AM »
Super Mario World High Definition Remix is something we need.

No! I don't want that!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2009, 09:32:10 AM »
Uh, I'm going to go ahead and say ABSOLUTELY NOT.
That was a joke.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2009, 10:20:10 AM »
Not done that way, but with 3D models like they did with NSMB...
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2009, 12:20:47 PM »
Less censorship in America. Or at least less uptightness over boobs.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2009, 02:40:33 PM »
We need less of people trying to validate their existance by trying really hard to turn everything into a joke/meme. This goes for the whole internet.
every

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2009, 03:02:42 PM »
Why the heck would you say that in this thread???

Also, 4chan is now more civilized then General Chat
"it's always the present"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2009, 03:28:01 PM »
Whoah, that's not a comparison you just throw around.

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2009, 03:36:28 PM »
No, no it's not
"it's always the present"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2009, 03:37:50 PM »
How are you backing this up, again?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2009, 05:09:02 PM »
If it's not already, it will be soon. It's impossible to make any statement now without somebody attempting to look witty by creating a topic in response to it.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2009, 05:16:25 PM »
Would it help to cathartically ridicule those people?

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2009, 06:01:16 PM »
We need more gifs that have video game characters, such as this one.

Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2009, 06:02:30 PM »
If it's not already, it will be soon. It's impossible to make any statement now without somebody attempting to look witty by creating a topic in response to it.

Right, because every thread that's been "parodied" was created to make some profound statement. Glorb, you really need to take a step back and put things back into perspective. It seems like you're taking this whole internet forum thing way too seriously as of late. Especially for a guy whose post history is full of jokes and attempts at humor.

I mean no offense but I'm not going to mince words. Your responses to the Steven9Wii situation and now to these "parody" threads that've been going on since before you joined sounds more like someone complaining because people aren't paying attention to them. Whether or not that's the case is your business, but my unsolicited advice to you would be to take a breather.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2009, 06:45:49 PM »
While I realize I may be taking things too seriously for what they're worth, poor attempts at humor are one of my major pet peeves. These days, all it takes to get someone laughing is to rephrase something and spam it over and over again. As a result, someone who's not interested in seeing twelve iterations of the exact same joke by people who want a slice of the laugh-pie up on the front page will be annoyed. A bunch of nonsense sentences isn't funny (unless, y'know, it is). A bunch of other people copying the same style or otherwise riffing off the same unsuccessful attempt at humor isn't funny either. Steven9Wii was hilarious at first until he was proven not to be a bot. Then he started trying too hard to please everyone, and the only reason anyone laughed was to keep up the whole charade of him being funny.

There. That's my two cents; I'm going to try to avoid saying any more on the subject.
every

Print