Print

Author Topic: Nintendo Power tidbit  (Read 4770 times)

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« on: May 21, 2007, 08:33:23 PM »
I say tidbit because the only one little Mario morsel of information is mentioned, which is unfortunately the review score of Mario Party 8. However, as that'd be boring, I'm happy to present everything interesting about the new Nintendo Power issue, that way you don't have to buy it.

* Raving Rabbids 2: New mini-games include using the Wii remote as a cell phone to text other rabbids, to bring a sandwich to Don Rabbid perfectly, and show zero improvement in any graphical way, shape or form.

* A Wii/DS version of Geometry Wars is in development (now if we can only get "FlOw " back...).

* As reported here, Smash Bros Dojo will be relanched, with daily blog updates from Sakurai. These will include possible information new characters, designs, and levels.

* Soul Calibur Legends exclusive for July issue.

* Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition will include PS2 version with an updated graphics engine (*cough*GameCube*cough*)

* Madden NFL 2008 to feature Mii avatars for online play.

And finally, ladies and gents, the review score for Mario Party 8: 7.5.

Oh, and it seems there's bonus Mario Party 8 information. The issue will include a preview of some MP8 mini-games. Most seem to be controlled like WarioWare: Smooth Moves and WiiSports. Also,  like I mentioned here, Miis will be playable characters.

*Phew* So, there you have it! What was going to be a boring old review score turns into a full flegded Nintendo Power spoiler fest. This will probably be one of the only times I'll venture out into non-Mario territory, so soak in those foreign rays beeming from the TMK Blog!

What you think of the Mario Party 8 review score? Feed me your thoughts, let me know if you're excited enough to buy the game.

Link: neogaf forums
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 08:36:48 PM »
I'm not buying any more Mario Parties until they have online capability.

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 09:13:22 PM »
I plan to snag MP8 when it comes out, if possible. My only fear is it may not be great as it is an Even-Numbered Mario Party. Myself and a few friends agree that the Odd-Numbered MPs have just been great but the Evens have been... falling behind some. Maybe this score is showing that but hopefully it isn't. I want a new MP game to enjoy. Heh.
-M. Kava
Gaming Addict Since 1993.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 12:40:29 AM »
I have a subscription to NP, thank you very much.
That was a joke.

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 01:43:02 AM »
Myself and a few friends agree that the Odd-Numbered MPs have just been great but the Evens have been... falling behind some.
It's the opposite of Star Trek movies!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 10:19:21 PM »
Gee, now there's actually some info in NP to look forward to, for once. Sounding awesome!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print