Print

Author Topic: Touchable Mario art?  (Read 5124 times)

« on: January 21, 2006, 02:38:31 PM »
I thought that was one of my best topic titles ever, anyways, have you made any Mario fan art that you can actually feel? As in, clay Mario stuff, (and yes, I have seen that video on TMK's site), or maybe paper art that can stand up? Well, you know, I've made clay Mario stuff, but it failed pretty badly.
I'm a horrible person.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 03:02:53 PM »
If anyone's seen that pic of me with a 1-up as a head, I made that out of cardboard and graph paper.  With the aid of scissors and colored pencils, of course.  What I did was squint at the computer screen at the "1-up = life" T-shirt sample, copy it onto graph paper so that 1 square = one pixel.  Then I did it again but so 4 squares =  one pixel.  I attached it to an old fishing pole I had, and then made a cloud out of white cardboard and held it in front of me.  I was a fishin' lakitu for halloween!  Of course, no one recognized me except for one kid and his mom.  They made me so happy!  One lady thought I was "the little cloud that cried"...

Anyway, after halloween I threw out the costume but kept the 1-up on my desk shelf.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2006, 03:58:41 PM »
...I once made a Yoshi out of snow...
Go Moon!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2006, 04:29:16 PM »
You may wonder why they're both Luigi. The paper one was gonna be Mario, but it looked way too tall. I tried making an SMAS mario out of legos baut couldn't work around the floating single pixels. Then I didn't have enough red for a NES Mario so it went to Luigi.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2006, 06:02:23 PM »
Wouldn't "3-D Mario Art" be a more apt title for this topic?
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2006, 06:24:53 PM »
"Physical Mario Art" is more appropriate because anyone can make 3-D Mario art on a computer.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2006, 09:59:39 PM »
I made a lego yoshi that was flat on two lego plates, not like Bird Person's which looks cooler.

I remember in an old mailbag, a person showed/telled how he found a large terri cotta pipe and painted it the right shade of green so it looked just like a Super Mario pipe.  I wish I had one of those.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2006, 10:06:52 PM »
I want a trash can like a warp pipe. Warp all your crap to the dump!
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2006, 01:19:13 PM »
I carved a Mario head sculpture in art.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2006, 01:25:57 PM »
Lego Luigi's not perfect; from the back you can see that a lot of blocks are dirty, and I din't have enough... single pixels. I actually made all the red & black outlines doubled so it'd look normal from the side.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2006, 02:19:48 PM »
They're kinda distorted, but you could tell what they are.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2006, 06:00:35 PM »
I like the wall of Bird Person's room.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2006, 06:12:54 PM »
*I'm too lazy to dig up the room topic*
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 06:19:09 PM by Bird Person »
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2006, 07:41:16 PM »
I made a ?-block cube in art class once.. I still have it, but no access to a digital camera.

We also had an assignment for making drawings using the protractor. Mine were mostly Mario based. I'll scan those some time.. :)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print