Print

Author Topic: Pokemon Topic  (Read 369211 times)

« Reply #480 on: June 04, 2010, 04:08:43 PM »
Not all of my Pokemon have all perfect 31 IVs, because that's increadibly time consuming to do so. And in my opinion, that's how it should be.

In competitive play you won't need perfect IVs anyway. You just need perfect IVs for certain attributes. Blissey won't benefit much from 31 Attack IVs. :P
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #481 on: June 04, 2010, 04:25:12 PM »
I think what CW is trying to point out is that games are supposed to be fun, and IV/Moveset Breeding and EV Training are only fun if you enjoy copious amounts of grinding.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #482 on: June 04, 2010, 04:47:29 PM »
Some of us don't battle competitively period.  Many of us are just trying to fill up our pokedexes, and get as many as legitimately possible.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #483 on: June 04, 2010, 05:21:21 PM »
I think what CW is trying to point out is that games are supposed to be fun, and IV/Moveset Breeding and EV Training are only fun if you enjoy copious amounts of grinding.

Pretty sure I addressed that. Not everyone enjoys grinding and understandably so. This often results in many people using PokeSav because they don't want to put the time in. That's fine, but it's still cheating. They're illegitimately obtaining Pokemon that they otherwise would have to spend time working on.

I'm not condemning anyone for using a PokeSav, I just don't like to see people attempt to justify it away.

« Reply #484 on: June 07, 2010, 03:09:16 PM »
Yeah, I think I was being a bit harsh when I said that I thought it was stupid that people would dislike Pokesav because it's cheating. It's perfectly understandable that a lot of people would rather train up their Pokemon legitimately. However, I'll still stand by Pokesav wholeheartedly. The majority of us just don't have the time or patience to make the perfect Pokemon, but still want to play competitively, and that's what truly makes Pokesav wonderful. I still love training up a legit Pokemon every now and then.

« Reply #485 on: June 07, 2010, 03:19:51 PM »
What exactly do you people mean when you keep saying "play competitively". Because to me that means tournaments.

Which usually don't allow cheating AFAIK.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #486 on: June 07, 2010, 04:30:56 PM »
They probably just mean playing multiplayer. No one goes to Pokémon tournaments.

On the other hand, Pokésav lets you alter so many parameters that it's easy to make a Pokémon in it that is impossible to distinguish from a Pokémon you actually trained, so who knows?

« Reply #487 on: June 10, 2010, 10:14:24 PM »
Competitive play is paying attention to EVs, IVs, movesets, following clauses- the works, against other people who do the same. And that usually involves wifi unless you happen to be lucky enough to live in an area with many other people that play competitively as well. Unless you use Shoddy Battle or something.

Pretty much no one goes to tournaments. I know nothing about actual tournaments that are held places. But no one goes to them, so meh.

« Reply #488 on: June 10, 2010, 10:35:50 PM »
I wish that that EVs and IVs didn't exist. Natures alone offer plenty of variety for stats, and breeding for a desired Nature is much less tedious than EV training... with the exception of my Modest Ledyba, which took me nearly 120 eggs. But yeah.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #489 on: June 10, 2010, 10:58:01 PM »
I got Pokerus!  I don't EV train, but I'm spreading it for the heck of it!
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #490 on: June 11, 2010, 10:39:56 AM »
Lots of new Pokemon revealed, and new professor (Woman!):

Serebii.net

« Reply #491 on: June 11, 2010, 03:12:38 PM »
Gear? Seriously? Why not have a rolling chair with eyes? Or a mop?

Wow, just noticed for the Pokemon Black Japanese cover that the text is covering the lower half of Reshiram. Coincidence or intentional? ...or maybe because that's where the title goes anyway.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #492 on: June 11, 2010, 08:03:14 PM »
I'm diggin' that Pigeon Pokemon, despite its overt resemblance to Starly.

Magnemite's ******* cousin deserves the Most Creative Name award.

Lawl, MILF professor.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #493 on: June 11, 2010, 08:46:59 PM »
The alligator thing looks moderately cool. The others (especially the gear and the ape) look uncreative and dull.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #494 on: June 11, 2010, 09:42:43 PM »
Shimama has an awesome name and is a zebra, and Chiramii is a freakin' chinchilla. I want.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Print