Print

Author Topic: 128 becomes 256!  (Read 7367 times)

« on: June 07, 2005, 12:27:52 PM »
Nintendo had made a decision now.

As long as it seems that the next Legend of Zelda game is the one of great anticipation for the majority, and Miyamoto's paranoia of 'competition theft' since the next super secret Super Mario was supposedly a highly innovative game in itself, Nintendo had suddenly decided to switch over the production of this game over as the flag title for Codename 'Revolution'!!

Ah well, I guess the 'super secret' game may fare out better on Nintendo's next console than the GameCube, which is now nearing the end of it's life cycle anyways.

But I guess we should now call the game Super Mario 256, or maybe even Super Mario Revolution!

[Source]

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!

...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!

I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2005, 02:26:05 PM »
NNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Why must they do this? They should've made it for Gamecube, and then have a whole new Mario game for the Revolution. We need more "regular" Mario games, and this is not helping. Plus, it probably won't be very good if they have to convert all that Gamecube code over to the Revolution.
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 03:12:47 PM »
"Although this has been the assumption in the gaming community for some time, there had been no absolute confirmation thus far"

And it comes from freakin' SPoNG, they're known to be unreliable. They're the same site that said Revolution would not be shown at E3.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2005, 05:54:51 PM »
Why has Nintendo decided that we only one or two REAL Mario games for each of our new systems?

N64: SM64 and PM
GameCube: SMS and PM2

BOOM is for BOOMSTIX!
BOOM is for BOOMSTIX!

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2005, 08:47:38 PM »
Is this a real problem, though?

With a new system , I'm sure lots of things will be improved, and even better than if it were released on the Gamecube.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2005, 09:02:20 PM »
I don't think so. I'm looking forward to what the Revolution can bring "Mario 256."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2005, 09:04:19 PM »
But it wouldn't matter how much better it will be on the next system if you don't get the next system...

Thank you for visting my world, come again ... Now entering reality, welcome back.

"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2005, 09:42:21 PM »
GameCube isn't 128-bit, and Revolution won't be 256-bit. Get it through your heads.

And no, Miyamoto said it wouldn't be hard to port the GCN code to Revolution.
That was a joke.

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2005, 09:57:19 PM »
No one ever mentioned bits.

"All this guy ever does is eat, sleep, say stuff, DDR, and wear glasses."

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2005, 02:48:05 AM »
boomstix, what about Luigi's Mansion? Although it was a short, typically spin-off adventure starring Luigi, it was still considered a Super Mario game within the continuation list!

I think Yoshi's Story (Nintendo 64) is counted as well...

Anyways, there is still going to be four more Super Mario games coming to the GameCube later on; although those are non-adventure they're still gonna be fun!

And let's not forget that Nintendo also develops Super Mario games on the GameBoy Advance and Nintendo DS!

Chupperson Weird, not many people are aware of techinical stuff, and it's just a title (a very stupid, although tentative, title, but yet just a title).

Besides, I kinda already knew the GameCube is a 64 bits machine. (Although, that what makes me believe that what makes the GameCube so awesome!)

By the way, what is scary about having the 'super secret' game switched over to the next console, other than the fact that we need to buy a whole new console to play the game?

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!

...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!

I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

Edited by - Hope(N Forever) on 6/8/2005 1:51:01 AM

I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2005, 08:55:46 AM »
Particularly a console worth buying.

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2005, 11:13:38 AM »
"By the way, what is scary about having the 'super secret' game switched over to the next console, other than the fact that we need to buy a whole new console to play the game?"

Because then we will be limited to two regular Mario games on the Gamecube. Plus, if they release it on GCN, then they will have to make a whole new Mario game for Revloution's launch. More Mario-adventure games = good.
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

Sqrt2

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2005, 01:04:10 PM »
Surely it doesn't matter on which mario 128 is playable on as the revolution can play gamecube games (although I would like to see it on gamecube).

You know, some people use something called a DOOR to get in and out of their houses.
AA fanboy and proud!

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2005, 05:31:46 PM »
I have this strange feeling that we are never going to see SM128. This was announced almost 2 years ago it seems like. And we still haven't seen it.

____
In Ethiopia, people die from being to thin, in my country, people die from being to fat!
TMK/Fungi Forums-Maniac since 2002.

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2005, 07:53:09 PM »
Don't worry, WarioLandMan. If Nintendo is gonna follow up with anything, it's gonna be this.

BOOM is for BOOMSTIX!
BOOM is for BOOMSTIX!

Print