Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1260300 times)

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #5505 on: June 08, 2011, 04:58:50 PM »
I only paid $8.77 for senior portraits. Points to me for resisting the seduction of the Sears portrait lady.
I fully support any resistance against Sears.

And I guess it's not that the entire grade = the paper's grade, so much as failing the paper means failing the class.
Potahtos.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #5506 on: June 08, 2011, 06:56:29 PM »
She tried her very best to get me to pay an extra $30 for enhancements on one pictures. Heck, I halfway believed I looked that bad without it for a while.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #5507 on: June 08, 2011, 07:07:14 PM »
The extra for enhancements is a common practice.  I've seen it at Sears, J.C.Penny's, Walmart, and several other studios.  What I want is a studio that'll give me all digital copies with all rights. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #5508 on: June 08, 2011, 10:05:50 PM »

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #5509 on: June 09, 2011, 08:49:54 AM »
The game looks gorgeous as usual, and the trailer definitely reminded me of the Dungeons & Dragons arcade games (I didn't know he worked on Tower of Doom, which is cool). I can't get over the ridiculous designs of the Amazon and Sorceress, though; the Elf is obviously the best female.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #5510 on: June 09, 2011, 06:58:58 PM »
If you haven't played Odin Sphere (PS2) or Muramasa (Wii), they come highly recommended from me. Princess Crown is alright, but not nearly as polished as the other titles.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #5511 on: June 10, 2011, 09:07:02 AM »

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5512 on: June 11, 2011, 09:46:42 AM »
Yesterday, I graduated from community college with High Honors and an "Outstanding Student Award"! Other highlights:

--The girl sitting next to me had the logo for Xanadu on her foot, but it was spelled wrong.
--I forgot the card with my name and credentials on it that everyone is supposed to bring up to the stage at my seat, so I had to tell the reader guy personally.
--One of the members of the board of trustees basically looked like a Hogwarts professor.
--I didn't get any of the grad gifts I was hoping for, but I did basically get the monetary equivalent in the form of about $700 collectively from myriad family members.

Also, book sales have really been picking up lately! I sold one to the president of the college and another high-level faculty member, donated one to the town middle school (there's already one at my old high school), and confirmed that three are now in circulation within the local library system (with two checked out!). Also, a nearby bookstore is interested in buying three or four copies to resell, so that's cool too.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #5513 on: June 11, 2011, 12:56:53 PM »
VANILLAWARE LIVES. PROOF OF GOD'S EXISTENCE.

Those are some of the most ridiculous huge titties I've ever seen animated in my life.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #5514 on: June 11, 2011, 12:59:13 PM »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #5515 on: June 11, 2011, 06:38:00 PM »
^ Yes yes yes yes a thousand times yes.

As for HOPEFULness, I'm leaving in a few days for Arizona to hang out with one of my friends from school and go to a Rush concert. Fun times are guaranteed!
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5516 on: June 11, 2011, 07:51:00 PM »
This cannot be watched enough:  http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/extra-credits/3201-Graphics-vs-Aesthetics
Yes, that was a good video indeed (most of that series is, from what I've seen).

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #5517 on: June 11, 2011, 09:44:51 PM »
I've agreed with the points the guy makes on more than one occasion, but I find the voice slightly obnoxious.  I'm wondering why they hired that guy as the voice of the segment.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5518 on: June 11, 2011, 10:45:08 PM »
Well, with all so many other video series with an unseen narrator, I guess you've got to find some way to stick out, for better or worse. To be perfectly honest, though, I thought that it was voice-modulated or something.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #5519 on: June 11, 2011, 10:59:18 PM »
I've wondered ever since I started watching those if his voice is modified. Is it actually his natural voice? I still can't tell.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Print