Print

Author Topic: Portable handheld N64?  (Read 4356 times)

Kat

« on: July 20, 2000, 07:04:47 PM »
Ug, Lately I've been getting way off subject and not thinking seriously enough in what I put in my posts [which I'd much rather do more than babbel on pointlessly] Anyway, I've always had this theory since Gameboy color came out; Orginally, Gameboy was simply black and white, and had compariable graphics compared to a regular NES chopped in half. Now, The graphics, gameplay, sound ect. on the Game Boy Color are coming closer and closer to SNES quality. I'll agree with that statement that gameboy has "evolved" and come quite a long way from which it one started. ^_^ And with that in mind, what if [which I think/hope it will] Gameboy kept "evolving" and enhancing so that eventually the graphics were of N64 quality? Could this happen? Maybe...But I think its quite...probable. ;} I keep picturing a regular N64 controller [with out the cord mind you] Only the Games would be inserted where normally the rumble pak or Mermory Card would go. The Rummble pak would attach to the games themselves, much like Gameshark. And the batteries [Hoy, think of how much battery power would be needed for this kind of situation! ;} ] would go in neat, secure little compartments just underneath where one would hold the controller. [If you flip over your N64 controller and look where the "Z" button is, you'll get a fairly good idea of what I mean,] And as far as the screen would go for showing the games, I think just above the joystick, we could widen the entire controller a wee bit more to make room for that, ne?

•^v´~`·._•(·~Kat~·)•_.·´~`v^•

Edited by - Kat on 7/20/00 6:08:54 PM

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2000, 08:00:27 PM »
That would be awesome! Except, the screen would be teeny-tiny, but at least it would be portable.

~Heir to the Royal Throne, the Baker of Many Cakes, Kisser of Many Noses,Bimbo Supreme, and Crybaby Extroidinaire,Her Royal Highness, the Noble Princess Peach Toadstool~
~Heir to the Royal Throne, the Baker of Many Cakes, Kisser of Many Noses,Bimbo Supreme, and Crybaby Extroidinaire,Her Royal Highness, the Noble Princess Peach Toadstool~

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2000, 08:12:42 PM »
Let me see here.  Gameboy advance I think might be either 16 bit or 32 bit.  If it was 32 bit then it would be half of the N64s bits.  The design would be weird and well its possible.  I bet that this idea would first be used bt pirate companies in Aisa.  They always seem to make stuff like that first and then Nintendo gets smart and uses illegal piraters ideas.  Howabout well I'm not even gonna get into it.

Kat

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2000, 09:42:47 PM »
^_^ Oh yea, that's right, I compleatally forgot about Game Boy Advance [For shame on me -.-;] Seems like my "theory" might actually becoming a reality... :} Except I think that screen wouldn't be *that* tiny ;D

Edited by - Kat on 7/20/00 8:45:49 PM

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2000, 09:57:08 PM »
Now dat would be sooo kewl! n if it keeps enhancing,its going to be a disc instead of a...ummmm ^^;; u kno what its called!
I'm Lita,I'm drunk and haven't got a clue what I'm doing.Since I'm babbling on I want to say Toad is really annoying!!Purple rules.Okee I'm done bai bai

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2000, 10:21:34 PM »
I don't like color Game Boy that much because some of the games for it won't work on Super Game Boy.
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2000, 12:02:37 PM »
I think Game Boy Advance will be 32-bit.  The screen size will be larger than GameBoy.

-The Yoshinator
I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2000, 10:59:25 AM »
ive seen a pic of it and i duse look a bit like a nintendo 64 centroler

marios butt
marios butt

Kat

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2000, 06:04:12 PM »
o_0 really?! It does? Do ya still have the pic of it?

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2000, 03:11:11 PM »
Hmm... a 64 bit handheld console?  Technology would have to advance 2 or 3 years before we could see a handheld version of the 64.  The mere fact that it has 3D capabilities would require several extra chips, let alone the size carts would have to be to take advantage of the hardware.  As for using discs instead of carts?  Minidiscs, maybe.

Don't get me wrong- it could be done.  I wouldn't go so far as to call it handheld.  Portable at best, but not handheld.

Anyone seen the PS-One? (I think that's what it's called)  Sony kind of used this idea to update the Playstation...
Someone set up us the bomb!

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2000, 03:12:11 PM »
A new Game Boy marketed in 2001 would probably be 32 bits, still 3-D capable but not as sophisticated as the Nintendo 64.
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

Kat

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2000, 05:55:58 PM »
*sighs* I wish I weren't such an impatient person when it comes to waiting for entertainment consoles to come out. :) espically the for likes of Game Boy Advance... ^^;; let alone new games in general.. I'm starving for some new Zelda~

[Another totally pointless post by moi ;} ]

Print