Poll

Should mods, who shall remained unnamed, manually censor swear words?

Yes
5 (22.7%)
No
17 (77.3%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Print

Author Topic: Censoring  (Read 60754 times)

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #105 on: December 04, 2009, 01:27:00 AM »
Yeah, that gets rid of going through almost 300,000 posts (old topics included, just to make sure our Guests aren't blinded with swearing since they like to look at very old topics) and editing them all.
Formerly quite reasonable.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #106 on: January 26, 2010, 04:16:54 PM »
All swear words should be censord! I'm 13 and I HATE all swear words! But words like "heck" or "crap" or "dang" don't bother me in the least bit! So all posts should be reviewed and censord!
Not really a bump, considering how often this board is posted in.
Anyway, I'm too lazy to find out if that's real or more sarcasm than can be handled on the internet.
What does "censord" mean, anyway?
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #107 on: January 26, 2010, 05:45:38 PM »
All swear words should be censord! I'm 13 and I HATE all swear words! But words like "heck" or "crap" or "dang" don't bother me in the least bit! So all posts should be reviewed and censord!

You broke the rules, you can't post on this thread anymore, all posts you make on here will be ignored by everyone.
every

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #108 on: January 26, 2010, 06:38:22 PM »
Isn't the filter on by default now?
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #109 on: January 27, 2010, 03:06:03 PM »
Anyway, I'm too lazy to find out if that's real or more sarcasm than can be handled on the internet.
From what I can tell, he was, unfortunately, not being sarcastic.

« Reply #110 on: January 27, 2010, 04:49:31 PM »
That's what I gathered as well.

I personally believe that manual censoring is certainly unnecessary; that being said, I think that certain users should stop trying to evade the censor.

Yeah, that gets rid of going through almost 300,000 posts (old topics included, just to make sure our Guests aren't blinded with swearing since they like to look at very old topics) and editing them all.

One certain topic springs to mind.  If there's any swearing in that particular topic (which I don't believe there is), it might be wise to censor it.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #111 on: January 27, 2010, 09:13:18 PM »

Guests don't look through the board history.

They all just look at the Mario Kart coloring pages thread for some reason. Some unknown, creepy, unsettling reason.

Seriously, what is going on in that thread that attracts so much attention?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #112 on: January 27, 2010, 09:21:20 PM »
Perhaps James Elston's website has IP appenages which routinely trace themselves to sites which link to it. In the name of science, I'll put the link here to see if any guests flock:

http://www.jameselston.com

And now... we wait.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #113 on: January 27, 2010, 10:24:08 PM »
I'm beginning to think that this board would shut down without the high volume of views on that one thread.  I wonder what would happen if someone screwed with the link on TMK and swapped that thread's thread number with another.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #114 on: January 28, 2010, 04:59:46 PM »
You broke the rules, you can't post on this thread anymore, all posts you make on here will be ignored by everyone.
Your post was ignored.

« Reply #115 on: January 28, 2010, 08:36:49 PM »

« Reply #116 on: January 29, 2010, 04:35:18 PM »
LD, thats probably the funniest thing I've seen this week. Thank you.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #117 on: January 29, 2010, 04:38:42 PM »
[darn], LD! That made me truly LOL for the first time in, like, 2 weeks!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #118 on: January 29, 2010, 05:31:45 PM »
Okay, yeah, that was pretty funny.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

cosmic_c

• EAGLES SCREAM!
« Reply #119 on: March 19, 2010, 07:59:05 PM »
LOL LAZOR! *computer breaks
*goes buys new computer
* sets up computer
*logs in
yeah that was pretty funny but back on topic.
I think 3 words should be allowed if they don't go over board with it.
A-word
D-word
H-word
these should be fine if were responsible with them.

Print