Print

Author Topic: David's e3 2009 Photos -- NOW with Commentary!  (Read 4247 times)

David

• Trusts the fungus
« on: July 16, 2009, 09:42:37 PM »
While my e3 2009 photos were uploaded to the site about a month ago, I neglected to add any commentary and notations to them.  This made the photos interesting but rather confusing if you were anyone by myself -- until now!  Marvel at the exciting commentary, gape at the special celebrity cameos, and chuckle at my trials and tribulations. David's e3 2009 photo spectacular is now live!  Highlights include:

* My micro-interview with Steve Wiebe (of The King of Kong fame).

* Charles Martinet just before I clobbered him in New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

* The staff of Wayforward and Artoon expressing their trust of the fungus.

* IGN Editors failing to escape from my photographer.

* Tommy Tallarico likening himself to Mario.

... and much, MUCH more!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 09:50:34 PM by DavidDayton »
Let's do the Mario, all together now!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 08:23:08 AM »
Hey!  I've seen that guy before.  Wasn't he a ninja or something on Myth Busters? 

A little quick Photoshopping of the background and this would look like a police mug shot.  Poor Matt looks like you scared him. 

Wow!  Just Wow!  Three thumbs up and two big smiles!  Wow!  I've seen both of this guys at E3 before, but never with such enthusiasm.  Great shot. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 03:55:20 PM »
Haha, good show, David. Paul Gale must have 5 stickers by now.

We were told that all our pictures had to have the player visible
Interesting.

GoNintendo.com trusts the fungus...
ShadowBrian just creamed his pants.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 04:43:56 PM »
I found that interesting too, but figure it's some sort of marketing thing.  Maybe their research showed that people are more likely to buy a game if they see someone playing it than if they see just a screen shot of it.  This goes along with they way they show actors in commercial for games like Wii Sports and Wii Fit, but NSMBWii doesn't seem to require the range of motion in those games so the reason may be something else.  Maybe they are simply afraid that pictures from TV screens at E3 will look too bad thus giving the impression of poor graphics compared to press released screen shots. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Print