Print

Author Topic: Yoshi's New Island release date announced  (Read 16909 times)

Deezer

• Invincible
« on: January 10, 2014, 12:22:45 PM »
Yoshi's New Island will launch in North America on March 14, Nintendo of America announced today in a press release. Arzest is developing the game, which will be the third in the "Yoshi's Island" series.

Link: NOA press release

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 03:06:40 AM »
Oh, yeah. Which platform will it run on?
My mind is telling me no... My body is telling me no too, just so you know.

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 04:04:01 AM »
3DS.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 12:41:09 PM »
Arzest is developing the game
I'd never heard of Arzest before, so I looked them up.
Quote from: Wikipedia
It was formed on June 25, 2010 by key members of Artoon
But what's this Artoon you speak of, Wikipedia?
Quote from: Wikipedia, again
Games developed by Artoon
-Yoshi's Island DS

Well, there go my expectations for this game.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 08:23:06 AM »
Yeah.. I don't know why Nintendo allowed them to make another one, after the travesty that is YIDS.

YI should be on consoles anyway, not handhelds.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 03:22:39 PM »
It never stops bothering me that a game which used to basically be Miyamoto's statement about imaginative, visually-unique games triumphing over prerendered drek has been farmed out and recycled at least twice in the last five years.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 03:49:24 PM »
Unless that statement was actually sensationalized bullhonk.

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2014, 05:52:55 PM »
Quote from: List of games Arzest has worked on
Wii Play: Motion (Wii)
StreetPass Mii Plaza (Nintendo 3DS) - Additional new features
Time Travelers (3DS, PSP, Vita) - Character models
Yoshi's New Island (Nintendo 3DS)

Well, at least two of those are actual games. Time Travelers is a choose-your-own-adventure story on cartridge.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 06:02:45 PM by Weegee »

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2014, 08:17:41 PM »
Unless that statement was actually sensationalized bullhonk.

That's the hypothesis that seems the most likely to me. The translation (quoted on page #2 of that thread) has some rather obvious errors.

That makes me wonder, though... Could Yoshiaki Koizumi's infamous statement of "DKC characters aren't fresh enough so that's why we didn't include them in Jungle Beat" similarly be tabloid hokum? The site that translated the interview (NSider) is apparently not very reliable....

It never stops bothering me that a game which used to basically be Miyamoto's statement about imaginative, visually-unique games triumphing over prerendered drek has been farmed out and recycled at least twice in the last five years.

To the people that made Vampire Rain, at that.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2014, 09:04:05 PM »
If that Jungle Beat interview was actually mistranslated, then that means DKVine may have gone through about 2-3 years of feeling insulted for nothing.

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2014, 11:35:57 AM »
Upon looking at today's screenshot update, I am slightly more impressed with the game. They're screaming "Snes YI inspired level design" at me, and that is a good thing.

I still don't like how the game looks (particularly Yoshi..and everything in the foreground), but I am willing to play a demo now, at least.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2014, 02:21:33 AM »
If they try to be more SNES-inspired, they might put Mini-Battles and Poochy in that!
"Nice of the princess to invite us over for a core destruction, eh, Luigi?"

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2014, 06:33:09 PM »
The reviews are in.

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2014, 07:50:39 AM »
The final box battle  is a microcosm of all of Nintendo's recent issue with badstalgia. And lol[wtd] @ the ending.

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2014, 08:18:27 AM »
Most reviews claim it's decent. Most that gave it a 5 have 5 as their average game. IGN gave it a 7.8.

Print