Print

Author Topic: Weird Things You Have Done  (Read 3581 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« on: November 10, 2007, 05:13:39 AM »
The topic title is self-explanatory. Name and explain things you have done that are just plain strange. I'll give two examples.

So the other day, a friend (Captain Jim)'s DS fell out of his pocket while he was putting his things into his P.E. locker (we actually share one 'cause I lost my lock). So, I reached over and grabbed it... and cleaned the screens vigorously. He's the kind of person who will occasionally touch that screen with the greasiness that is the human hand, with some form of excuse.

Weirder than that, I bought some miniature marshmallows from the grocery store on Wednesday. The other night I was eating some and decided, I should roast them. So, I got a needle and one of the lighters for the fireplace, and I did. Ah the memories. I didn't know when to stop when I was little and my marshmallows would be completely burnt.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 08:26:36 AM »
I think that I would be better off posting on the "Weird Things You Haven't Done" thread, but I will say that I did, at some point in my life...

-Tried to cut my own hair w/ scissors (twice)
-Accidentally broke a minor law involving butter pats
-Was stranded on a (technically) deserted island--and then did it again later
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 08:31:27 AM »
I can be pretty hyperactive and rambunctious, especially around the household.

Last night, I was acting out a Sonic sez segment from AoStH.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 08:32:30 AM »
That's NO good!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2007, 11:57:17 AM »
The recording in that YTMND left out a good portion of that segment...

I remember once I decided to make holes in my jeans (I was like 4 or 5), so I got scissors and hacked away with them. I showed mom and she told me to go change my pants, and she threw away the ones I made holes in.

I don't quite remember anything else I've done that has been completely weird...*takes out a debit card from his wallet, and plays around with it*
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2007, 11:57:28 AM »
I've had many experiences. If I were to name them all, including the ones to come, the world would continuously spontaneously combust, reform, and repeat for 255 times.

To name some good ones....

-When I was around 2 or 3 I swallowed one of my mom's earrings. I later expelled it out.
-On one of my friend's birthdays, he was celebrating at school, and had brought in a cake. When he didn't finish his piece (only eating like two bites) I dipped my head into the trash can and licked some frosting off of the piece.
-A few months ago while at this Beach Camp for church, I was on a Monster buzz, so I was really hyper and spasmodic. I started walking around, helping my friend look for his dad's Maglite, and I became Officer Brown. I developed a strange voice which I cannot describe, and started interrogating everyone I came up to. We did eventually find the Maglite, too.
-Just yesterday, my Spanish teacher (who is a whole lot of fun) was having us demonstrate what our new Spanish vocabulary words meant. She immediately called on me (without me saying a thing) to demonstrate the word "loco." So, I just stood up and said, "what else can I say?"

I'm sure there are many more experiences, but I can't name them all right now.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2007, 12:03:23 PM »
I put a cog used to seal up holes in my nose one time. Well, at least it did what it was suppose to do!
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2007, 12:13:12 PM »
I'm just plain weird to start out with, so I do weird things everyday. But I can't really remember any.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2007, 05:41:34 PM »
When I was young, I tried to put coasters in a VCR. It didn't work for some reason.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2007, 07:37:15 PM »
You can classify this one under 'dumb' more then 'weird'.

Since summer of 2002, I've been working at my grocery store. I've switched between the front end (carriages, bagging for cashiers) to recently, overnight grocery (stocking shelves).

About a year and a half ago, someone was stealing stuff from the cookie isle (isle 4). Later, my manager tells me to "Face Isle 4". Now mind you, someone was stealing not too long ago. I've never heard of the term "face". I've always been told to "Block down an isle" meaning pull the items forward, make it look neat. "Face Isle 4" and what do I do? Turn and literally face it. Now I'm standing there for a good 10 minutes, customers are walking by, giving me odd looks. After what seemed forever, the manager walks up to me.

Grant:  Dave what are you doing?
Me:  Facing Isle 4.
Grant:  No, I wanted you to block down Isle 4. "Face" is another term for "Block down".
Me:  Oh...well..I feel dumb.

Other weird times had me as a kid talking to myself in a toilet.

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2007, 11:53:20 PM »
Hahaha, that is the best story in this thread yet.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2007, 12:05:59 AM »
This happened a few days ago. I was in my school's cafeteria, and they were serving dry roadkill hamburgers and peaches. Naturally, I just eat the peaches. But what I love most about peaches is the juice they come in. So, there I am, using my fork to get a few molecules of peach juice into my mouth at a time, tilting the utsensils every which way to get maximum juice consumption. Eventually my girlfriend comes up to me and tells me I look scary, so I stop.
every

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2007, 12:58:58 AM »
I recall putting a tic-tac up my nose once and it got stuck in there. When I realized I couldn't get it out, I alerted my parents, and they tried to induce sneezing which would get it out (and it did).
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2007, 01:42:48 AM »
I often move in smooth, consistent motions, as if trying to reduce the overall exertion or trying to reduce extraneous movements. I don't know when I started running or essentially anything in such a manner, but I know it started a long time ago.

I remember once hearing from some family member that I could probably do a mean robot, but I'm certain I'd look more like an assembly line robot than the famed, jittery things people imagined.

So, this is a weird thing I do.

I'd probably explain specific situations like this in the (adjective) stories thread, like the infamous "Green Bus Stop," or more recently, "3 Meter Dash" (the latter was more unfortunate than weird).
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 02:39:54 AM by Suffix »

Print