Print

Author Topic: Hitler paradox!?  (Read 13427 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2007, 02:46:12 PM »
For what offense?
I guess someone else with my IP did something.  I've never even edited Wiki.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

dżamper

• You forgot Poland!
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2007, 03:49:17 PM »
What now?  1918 was the end of World War I, not World War II in which Hitler was involved.
Yep, but he have small effect on it.
Hitler killed 6,000,000 Jews and you think it was okay because his existence gave Poland freedom?
Nobody says that's ok...
Yoshi's broken English!     Lesson 1: All your base are belong to us!     Lesson 2: Please would paper chuck in wastebin Thank you!

Sqrt2

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2007, 08:03:44 AM »
Look at it this way:

Time traveler goes back in time to stop Hitler from being born > Time traveler discovers that there was no World War I or II

World War I would have happened regardless of Hitler being born or not. Hitler served in WWI as a corporal in the German Army (and nearly got killed by an artillery shell).

As for Poland being a free country because of Hitler, Poland was ALREADY a free country BEFORE it was invaded in 1939 (having being created after WWI ended, in the Treaty of Versailles)!
AA fanboy and proud!

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2007, 05:41:24 PM »
Hitler was a horrible person, and the world would have been better off without him. Thanking him for the war just because the war itself inadvertently helped the US economy and "gave" Poland it's freedom would be like bashing Mother Teresa for her humanitarian works.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2007, 06:36:29 PM »
Well, not really. I agree, it is a completely ridiculous thing to actually thank Hitler for Poland's freedom (especially Hitler's existance was not the only factor). However, it is an interesting thing to think about sometimes; bad things leading to good, and vice versa.
every

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2007, 06:38:26 PM »
As for Poland being a free country because of Hitler, Poland was ALREADY a free country BEFORE it was invaded in 1939 (having being created after WWI ended, in the Treaty of Versailles)!

Quoted for truth. Poland was already free before WWII, man.
And you're not alone. I'm Polish, too, man :D. I always try to eat punschki (I highly doubt I spelled it right, seeing as you pronounce every syllable in polski) whenever they're around.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2007, 06:40:09 PM »
However, it is an interesting thing to think about sometimes; bad things leading to good, and vice versa.

.....I never said it wasn't interesting to think about.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

dżamper

• You forgot Poland!
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2007, 08:37:53 AM »
Ok, so it would be William II paradox...
Yoshi's broken English!     Lesson 1: All your base are belong to us!     Lesson 2: Please would paper chuck in wastebin Thank you!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2007, 10:10:39 AM »
How would it ever be a paradox?
That was a joke.

dżamper

• You forgot Poland!
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2007, 10:44:36 AM »
Because we must thank him for making brutal war...

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2007, 06:16:51 PM »
Oh... So the sacrafice of thousands of jews shouldn't be tampered with for the sake of a mere video game.  To be honest as possible I would change nothing, because the altering of our past could have terrible or even worse consiquences in our future.
I only watch [adult swim]

dżamper

• You forgot Poland!
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2007, 07:55:11 AM »
Like in "Back to the Future III"

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2007, 08:26:40 AM »
Every cloud has a silver lining. Though the holocaust isn't something to take lightly, and in all honesty, SHOULDN'T have happened. The holocaust lead to the discovery of the connection between smoking and lung cancer, and the cause of hypothermia. At the expense of the Gestapo's guinea pigs(Jews), of course. Crap happens, I'm sorry to say, history can be brutal, unpleasant and downright nightmarish, but you can't go around and say "if given the chance, I'd stop Hitler". That's foolish rhetoric.

« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2008, 11:34:08 AM »
Did you know that the Bush family has ties to Nazism? I'll bet you didn't.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2008, 11:40:44 AM »
...that has nothing to do with the Hitler paradox.

Print