Print

Author Topic: A Smashing Afterparty  (Read 13520 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« on: November 19, 2007, 01:52:44 AM »

Click for full size.

You may already know, I'm not so supportive of a plot for why everyone in Nintendo has come together for Super Smash Bros. It clicked the other day--they're all great friends, and there's nothing better to do than pummel each other. Except, they're all heroes and villains with amazing endurance, so they never actually get injured or die.

So here's what goes on afterward. They have burgers and a boom box that plays The Runaway Five or WTMK or something (perhaps the Pokémon Lullaby would explain why Pikachu and Pichu nodded off), too, but that's off-paper. I pity the Toad that has to drag that couch all the way back to the castle. Looks like it's gonna rain...

I guess Fox, Marth and Shiek don't get much time off. Tournaments, you know. (Actually they just wouldn't come out so well if I tried to draw them.)

I may color it with Photoshop later.

Edit: Colored it. Click for full size. Really, do so. It's much smoother.
Edit 2: Screw scaling. It's only half the sketch's size anyway.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 10:31:57 PM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 05:16:50 AM »
The punch table is awesome!

You always make Dr. Mario look slightly psycho. Something in his eyes...

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 08:34:15 AM »
You should definitely do a Photoshop-colored version. The part with Dr. Mario spiking the punch is great. What is with Mr. G&W, though?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 08:47:14 AM »
I drew the Mario Bros. posing first, thinking of who should be the photographer. I decided on Mr. Game & Watch because he's had several odd jobs.
It's YOUR problem!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 10:15:34 AM »
Oh, heh. Now that I know what it is, I can kind of tell that it's supposed to be a camera...wait, Ness and Nana (or is that Popo? It'll be easier to tell if you color it; same with the camera) divided by zero?

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 01:07:25 PM »
Where's Link? I can't imagine why he'd be stuck in Hyrule when Ganondorf can go off to the Mushroom Kingdom for an afterparty.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 03:41:48 PM »
My favorite part is also the punch table.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 05:34:57 PM »
Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Donkey Kong, Bowser, Young Link, Falco, and Roy are also missing. Otherwise, it's quite nice.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2007, 05:50:12 PM »
Mewtwo, Bowser, and Jigglypuff are all in their lairs plotting. They don't have time for afterparties. As for the rest, Link and Young Link met each other, and it caused a time paradox. Marth and Roy had to go back to their kingdom, and Fox and Falco got called to battle because of another evil menace. Zelda is stuck in a crystal in Ganondorf's lair right now, which explains her and Sheik being absent. Donkey Kong is eating bananas at home, and Samus has received a transmission regarding ultimate power in the Alimbic Cluster.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2007, 05:53:36 PM »
Or I was just too lazy to draw 'em.
It's YOUR problem!

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2007, 08:34:11 PM »
* Mr. Melee votes for the second option of various characters' abscences

I like it. Definitely needs color, but otherwise still good! And, why does Peach always seem to look like some 16-year-old nerdy high school guy that can't seen to get a date? She looks sad all the time.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2007, 01:13:07 AM »
Looks like she's napping to me, with Pikachu and Pichu acting like cats. I think it's adorable.

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2007, 01:23:28 AM »
You did an awesome job! Ness and Dr. Mario look the best, in my opinion!
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2007, 10:32:55 PM »
Colored it. Look up.
Thanks for the comments, everyone.
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2007, 10:36:13 PM »

I looked at this and thought it was making some sort of face at me.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Print