Print

Author Topic: Obama wins a Nobel Peace Prize  (Read 18725 times)

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2009, 02:36:12 PM »
Well, he did re-establish good relations with the world, and they aready like him better than they did George W. Bush.

So it seems to come down to popularity rather than actually doing accomplishing something.

Either way, I expect quite the [dukar]storm over this.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2009, 03:54:26 PM »
Everybody likes anything that doesn't have to do with Bush for some reason.

Obama is loved because he's "not Bush."
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2009, 03:55:49 PM »
Everybody likes anything that doesn't have to do with Bush for some reason.

Obama is loved because he's "not an old white man."

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2009, 04:52:34 PM »
Pardon my opinion, but this is almost an insult to past recpients of the award. He hasn't done anything besides acting as the poster boy for today's new-age, humanistic mindset. Obama would not have received the award if he were a 60-year old white man with a conventional background, as justified by the aformentioned ideology.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 04:54:10 PM by Weegee »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2009, 04:59:18 PM »
True, but also I think LD has a point as well.
That was a joke.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2009, 06:08:10 PM »
Quote from: Tv_Themes link=topic=12875.msg559394#msg559394 date=1255112331Yikes! Tv_Themes goes political.[/quote

Perish the thought...

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2009, 06:15:20 PM »
"Obama is loved because he's 'not an old white man.'"

Ninjap00, you do realize that the previous 43 presidents were "old white men," right?

I hear all these people chanting about how Obama is the grace of God because "omg he's a black man... this is epic history happening here, ladies and gentleman. omfg life has never been better."

Screw that. Skin color and age is meaningless. Obama's going to be an old black man soon enough. What's the difference between that and an old white guy? Do you feel that he is some great being simply because he's black? Or maybe you're *****ing about "old white men" because the stereotype to you apparently is "old white man = right winger who wants to drill drill drill and war war war" just because you've been exposed to people who constantly blame the universe's problems on Bush. If that's the case, then I guess all the presidents before Obama were just bitter, angry old white men who couldn't do anything right and Obama is the gift of God that is going to cast away the dark clouds that have been over the United States that the "old white men" created by waving his hand and saying "Change..... CHANGE!!!"

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2009, 09:29:51 PM »
http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=100043http://

Because President Obama is the first person in history to dream of a nuclear-weapon-free world.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2009, 09:32:15 PM »
Trainman~
     no, no, you see my eyes were getting tired of the same thing over and over.
also sorry for my previous not serious post. i assume you are angry now, which makes me feel bad inside.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 09:35:51 PM by Ninjap00 »

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2009, 10:38:10 PM »
Trainman, I'm pretty sure he was meaning that it seems like that was the reason, when it is in fact a thing a lot of people seem to think is great about Obama, whether a person with a rational mind would think that or not. I mean, I think it's great that a black dude or whoever can be president, but that's as far as it goes. Rational people obviously don't think that makes him better.
That was a joke.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2009, 11:04:27 PM »
Trainman~
     no, no, you see my eyes were getting tired of the same thing over and over.
also sorry for my previous not serious post. i assume you are angry now, which makes me feel bad inside.

Sorry for the outburst. Just seeing that made me think of all the misinformed people that love Obama just because he's "not a white old guy," "not Bush," or "lulz hes a black dudez." I was just hoping that you weren't another one of those drones.

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2009, 07:53:35 AM »
I'm not one of those "drones."
Now I'm just happy you didn't make another angry post at me.

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2009, 12:36:20 PM »
I would kill for that prize.
Yay!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2009, 05:02:13 PM »
I smiled.
every

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2009, 06:44:11 PM »
It's official: George Bush was such a bad president, you can win the Nobel Peace Prize just by not being him.

He may not have done much, but he did have some great speeches. Anyone else notice that he is the only president to acknowledge nonbelievers?

But yea, why did he win?
One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

Print