Print

Author Topic: Help! I Slept Through a Generation  (Read 12781 times)

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2007, 03:11:07 PM »
Mmm... okay then. Here’s the best of the best:

Super Mario Sunshine
Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door.
New Super Mario Bros.
Mario Kart DS
Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga
Mario and Luigi: Partners in time
Super Princess Peach

That’s about it. The other ones I listed are pretty good, too.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2007, 03:56:02 PM »
Luigi's Mansion for the Gamecube. Good place to start, since it was the first major "Mario" title after Paper Mario, I think.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2007, 05:07:10 PM »
GameCube:
PAPER MARIO: THE THOUSAND-YEAR DOOR
Super Mario Sunshine is worth playing...
Super Smash Bros. Melee, of course.
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker isn't bad either.

Nintendo DS:
New Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario 64 DS
WarioWare: Touched! (Caution: Play with a Q-tip lest your screen becomes a hideously scratched mess)
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time

Wii: You're likelier to find one in stores now than four months in the past, truly. If you get one, don't get a GameCube. The Wii plays GC games.)
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Super Paper Mario
WarioWare: Smooth Moves. I've grown a bit bored with it, but it's excellent for its multiplayer modes, and most of them require only one remote.
Wii Sports is free...

Game Boy Advance:
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
WarioWare: Twisted!
Yeah, any SMA will do. I loved them all, except Super Mario Advance... I'm not really a SMB2 guy so I really only got it to have every SMA...

'S all the wisdom I have, many said the same stuff. Chup's opinion on Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door is quite out of the ordinary, it ROXORZ.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2007, 01:24:25 AM »
Super Mario Sunshine is worth playing...

Your username sounds familiar?  Did you come here in 2000-01?  Does "worth playing" mean it's just all right, nothing special?  Or am I misinterpreting you?

From what I see here, it looks like the choice for first new game is "Superstar Saga," since it's on a system I currently have.  I do have to ask, what kind of R.P.G. is it?

If I get James' Cube I'll definitely buy "Melee" because I can see Peach's panties in it...I mean, because I played it before and liked it.  And maybe "Sunshine."  I'll wait a while on "Thousand Year Door" because I never played through the 1st "Paper Mario" game and am going to start fresh once I get my 64 back (I loaned it to my brother for his last year of college).  If I get a D.S. (probably more a matter of "when") it looks like it will be a tossup between "New Bros." and "Peach."

Are any of the new Karts really awesome?  Are they even new games as opposed to rereleases?

You've all been very helpful, but I need the stuff I mentioned above cleared up before I make up my mind.
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2007, 09:11:48 PM »
Nah, February of 2005.
SMSu is pretty great in the gameplay department (the return of Yoshi for great justice), but I hate its plot with a flaming passion and Peach's character sucks. She's more dull-witted than the Goombas in the movie and does nothing but get kidnapped (I love the games in which she is playable/not entirely useless), and you can't even see her panties! But it's still a must-buy.
The Thousand-Year Door is still, in my opinion, an excessively excellent game. I'm playing it right now!
You can't see Peach's panties in SPP, sorry.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2007, 11:58:56 PM »
Hmmm.  I don't know why your username seems familiar.  Anyway I'm sorry to hear the "Sunshine" story sucks.  I'll probably rent it to see how I like it if my Cube deal pans out.  Does it follow that "more adult Mario" promise Nintendo made back when the 128-Bit Era was on the horizon?

And yeah, I'm also all for Peach's empowerment.  That was one of the (many) great things about "Mario R.P.G."  Come to think of it, does that game have an Advance title yet?

B.T.W. that thing you said about "Super Princess Peach" reminds me of how my friend's G.F. jokingly claimed one of Peach's attacks in that game was "blinding white panty-flash" (or something like that).  : )
Mega 2

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2007, 12:38:17 AM »
More mature stuff in SMSu, no way. in The Thousand-Year Door... muhahahhhaaaahahaahahaa. Well, there's no pr0n or things that would get it any rating other than E, but we finally know that people do kill people for their own benefit in Mario's world (Grubba), and that people take showers... I don't want to spoil anything else.
Unfortunately, the only way to play SMRPG on the road is if you have a laptop, a SNES emulator, and the ROM... none of the "GBA PORT PLZ" petitions are working, and it's impossible to emulate it on the GBA or DS the "illegal" way. It SHOULD be on its way to the Wii Virtual Console soon, however. Not that I need it, my SNES works fine.
We're in a one-on-one conversation of posts here, heh heh heh...
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2007, 01:29:46 AM »
I still have a Super N.E.S. too, but it's a temperamental old thing and I'd love to be able to do away with it while still being able to play all the games I have for it (except "Eye of the Beholder"...boy did that ever suck...).  I wish I could get something like the Wii virtual console without shelling out for a Wii.  :(

So can you answer my questions about "Superstar Saga" and the Kart games?
Mega 2

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2007, 02:22:03 PM »
All the Mario Kart games are new games. Super Circuit and Mario Kart DS have some tracks from older games also. I don't know what you mean by "what kind" of RPG, though. It's a pretty good game though. I'm not a huge fan of it however.
Super Circuit is my favorite Mario Kart.
Clean your SNES. :P
That was a joke.

Yoshi-1up

• Capt. Obvious
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2007, 03:32:14 PM »
You should try "Mario Early Years: Fun With Letters"

I learned a lot.

A is for Apple
B is for Bowser
C is for cat
D is for dope

:)

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2007, 03:39:08 PM »
.............that was rather pointless.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2007, 03:55:06 PM »
Mario Kart: Double Dash!! is spelled with 2 exclamation points.
"it's always the present"

Yoshi-1up

• Capt. Obvious
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2007, 04:07:53 PM »
Yes, don't for get the 2 exclamation points or we'll all be doomed.

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2007, 04:57:28 PM »
I don't know what you mean by "what kind" of RPG, though.

I mean, does it have strong R.P.G. elements, or is it just a sort of semi-R.P.G. like those Mana games?
Mega 2

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2007, 07:21:46 PM »
It was as strong an RPG as Super Mario RPG, in my opinion, but with more Mario elements and in series jokes thrown in.

Pretty much take a look at every Mario title released between Paper Mario and now, with the exception of the Mario Advance titles on GBA (since they're every bit the SNES versions, only portable) and Yoshi's Story on the N64 (terrible Yoshi game. Play at your own risk).

Well, I say to ignore the Mario Advance titles, but Super Mario Advance 4: SMB3 actually is a little more worthwhile: if you can find an E-reader (a device that hooks in to another GBA) and series 1 and 2 of the SMA4:SMB3 Ereader cards, then you'll have access to some neat little features. It's a pity Nintendo started ignoring the Ereader around this time, otherwise there would have been more E-cards made for the device.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print