Print

Author Topic: Help! I Slept Through a Generation  (Read 12320 times)

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2007, 09:39:55 AM »
Just wanted to point out that a laptop is not the only way to play Super Mario RPG "on the go." The PSP, as adverse as many of you are to it, can also play the game through emulation.

As a big fan of RPGs, and adoring fan of Super Mario RPG, I can highly recommend Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga to you Mega 2.

« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2007, 10:01:44 AM »
I'm sickened by the lack of people recommending Yoshi's Island DS. Sure, the game is relentlessly unforgiving in the final stages of the game but the challenge is what made it fun.

Buy it, but don't let it rip your hair out through frustration.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2007, 11:32:55 AM »
See my comments in the mailbag regarding YIDS for my opinion on that.
That was a joke.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2007, 01:07:21 PM »
I love YIDS, it was frustratingly fun!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2007, 09:42:17 PM »
Thank you for alerting me to "Advance 4"/e-Reader, Toad.  I looked it up and it sounds tantalizing, but it seems like it would be too complicated and costly to really be worth it.  I'll keep it in mind, though.

I've always loathed "Yoshi's Island" so I doubt I'll ever buy "Yoshi's Island D.S."
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2007, 01:43:55 PM »
What was wrong with Yoshi's Island? I thought it was fantastically designed.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2007, 12:34:37 AM »
Yoshi's Island ruled (only really played the GBA version, which ruled), and Yoshi's Island DS is decent. It's... not very different from the original, so if you loathed YI you'll loathe YIDS.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2007, 02:40:56 AM »
I won't post my criticisms of "Yoshi's Island" because I don't want a flamy argument started.  Let's just say it's not my kind of game and leave it at that.
Mega 2

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2007, 07:30:03 AM »
Oh come on. I'll be less likely to flame you if I know exactly why you dislike the game, as opposed to you making yourself look like an ignorant fool who hates the game just for the sake.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2007, 11:31:26 AM »
Hey, maybe he just doesn't like platform games. Or maybe Baby Mario was just too annoying for him.
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2007, 03:13:54 PM »
If he doesn't like platformers, then it's a wonder why he even likes the Mario series at all.

« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2007, 06:30:39 PM »
"Yoshi's Island" has gained quite a few fans who will sometimes defend it overzealously, so my posting criticisms of the game will just lead bad places (like it did on this board several years ago).  I probably shouldn't have even mentioned that I don't enjoy it.  So let's just drop the subject, okay?

Platformers are fine.  : )
Mega 2

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2007, 07:12:06 PM »
All I want to know is what you don't enjoy about it. Every game has to have some flaws, right?

« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2007, 08:21:16 PM »
No. The Mario series is perfect!
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2007, 10:01:50 AM »
Oh Cheffy-Boy, you're doing it again...
every

Print