Print

Author Topic: Does it bother anyone else...  (Read 13851 times)

« on: June 04, 2000, 02:48:55 PM »
Does it bother anyone else that they changed the graphics for "Super Mario All-Stars"?  I liked the original Nintendo releases of "Mario 1" and "Mario 3" better.  I haven't played "Mario 2" for a long time and I'm not sure exactly what was changed.
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2000, 09:44:45 PM »
I don't think they changed much for the American Mario 2.  I love that game.

*unpacks suitcase, holds up Playstation*
How did this get in here?  Somebody's playing a prank on me!  Honestly, it's not mine!
*unpacks suitcase, holds up Playstation*
How did this get in here?  Somebody's playing a prank on me!  Honestly, it's not mine!

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 10:02:10 AM »
I love Mario in all its guises so even little graphic differences can be cool however SMB 1 should forever remain untouched as it is the holy grail of the video game world.
Morton Koopa Jr

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 10:26:41 AM »
Wow, this bump beats mine, and that's when there is a currently active thread about necroposting.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 06:10:09 PM »
SMB 1 should forever remain untouched as it is the holy grail of the video game world.
That's B.S.

I love enhanced remakes. But off the top of my head, SMAS, Super Mario 64 DS, and Street Fighter II: Really Long Title You Know The One From XBLA are the only ones I can think of. I want want want want want Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask remade with higher-quality graphics than even Twilight Princess had...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 06:14:42 PM »
Ugh. Why is everyone still talking about Super Nintendo? The Dolphin is all the rage these days. But, Super Mario RPG II sounds cool.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 06:19:07 PM »
I don't really like SMASSMB's graphics that much (although for some reason I love Mario Forever's graphics, which are the exact same thing), but I would like to see some updated graphics for SMB. The originals are nice, but they're also getting extremely cliched. It probably ties in with my general annoyance that only the NES is considered "retro" while the SNES tends to get ignored. I would incidentally love to see a remake of OoT that had WW graphics for the Child parts and TP (or better) graphics for the Adult parts.

Glitchy, get with the program. It's called Paper Mario Story now.

I can't wait to get PMS!

Also I'm pretty sure the Dolphin is the Starcube now.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 06:58:56 PM »
(BP, R-TYPE Dimensions and the most recent Fire Emblem title are both enhanced remakes.)

I like enhanced remakes as long as they don't change the physics (like they did in that PSP Castlevania game) or do something else to screw it up.

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 07:05:09 PM »
Really, Warp? You don't like it if they change the physics? Is that why you hate Zero Mission so much?

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 07:12:59 PM »
It would have been better if they just had the option to choose how you would want to play SMAS.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 02:11:55 PM by nensondubois »
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2009, 07:15:30 PM »
Really, Warp? You don't like it if they change the physics? Is that why you hate Zero Mission so much?
Yep! I only have it now so that I have a legit copy of the original Metroid I can play on my DS.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2009, 07:46:15 PM »
Wait, you hate Zero Mission?

Why do you hate quality? What did quality ever do to you?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2009, 08:07:33 PM »
I wasn't being serious, of course - I really couldn't care less about being able to play the original Metroid on my DS. I don't hate Zero Mission, but then, the physics changes in it didn't completely screw up the way the game is played like they did in other remakes. Bomb-jumping is definitely too easy, though.

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2009, 09:17:40 PM »
Besides, I'm pretty sure it uses the same ROM that was used for NES Classics, what with the squished tiles and sprites.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2009, 10:26:30 PM »
Warp, what the heck? If you're referring to The Dracula X Chronicles, the physics are satisfyingly original. Or as close to original as necessary to make it awesome.
Anyway, for my part, I dislike playing SMAS-SMB because the brick breaking physics are screwed, but I do for the most part enjoy the graphical enhancements.
P.S. to nensondubois, SMAS-SMB's physics are messed up by mistake, not because they thought they were improving it.

I don't mind this bump since it actually sparked some conversation.
That was a joke.

Print