Print

Author Topic: Your "Pet Peeves"  (Read 53420 times)

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #180 on: August 13, 2008, 09:26:05 PM »
Playing a game completely in black, white and red would kill my eyes.

Watching a movie completely in black, white, red and a few other colors would kill my eyes.

...Oh wait...

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #181 on: August 13, 2008, 10:27:13 PM »
*coughanythingmadebyfrankmillercough*
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Jman

• Score
« Reply #182 on: October 08, 2008, 10:19:14 AM »
Common sense says if you don't want your kids playing the game, don't buy it.  There are adults and teens who will buy the game, and surprise surprise, won't go on a massive killing spree.  If you are so worried about it, explain the difference between "pretend" and "real" to your kids.  Parents these days whine and complain way too much.  When my mom freaked out over the dark powers of psychic Pokemon, she didn't organize a petition to ban Pokemon or anything.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #183 on: October 08, 2008, 05:20:10 PM »
Your mom freaked over... psychic Pokemon?

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #184 on: October 08, 2008, 05:35:49 PM »
People freaked over Katrina and Wisp from Animal Crossing. The same people believe the witch trials were a success.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #185 on: October 11, 2008, 08:59:02 AM »
My 7th grade teacher, for some reason, thought Pokemon was evil.  And I knew it was bigotry because I brought something DBZ-related into class at one point and she thought it was Pokemon.  She just thought that all anime/manga was Pokemon and therefore evil, and if she didn't even know the difference between Pokemon and DBZ, she obviously knew nothing about why it was "evil".  Either way, it was a bit frustrating to get in trouble over something she didn't know anything about.  And yes, this was at a private school.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #186 on: October 15, 2008, 02:48:31 PM »

Holy crap! Instead of, say, "Dragon Shadow", they've mixed it up! *Head explodes*

« Reply #187 on: October 15, 2008, 02:54:13 PM »
I thought "Katrina" said Caterina. OH SNAP. (As in our own Super Caterina.)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #188 on: October 15, 2008, 04:27:05 PM »
What a horribly bland Box Art that is.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #189 on: October 15, 2008, 05:13:25 PM »
Well, it's European and I think it's a placeholder. Then again, I though Brawl's boxart was a placeholder right up until the day I bought it and I realized it just sucked.

Also, what is this nonsense Yahoo! is throwing around about "Wii 2"? I dare not even watch the related video for fear of increasing their hits.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #190 on: October 15, 2008, 07:09:01 PM »
Because the box totally makes the game.

Like this, this game must have had zero effort put into it. Box said so.

Also, what the heck is everyone's problem with Brawl's box? My only problem with it is Pikachu's immense forehead.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #191 on: October 15, 2008, 07:11:40 PM »
No, see, Mother 3's box is stark and intriguing. That Fire Emblem box looks amazingly generic, unlike the usual interestingness of FE boxes.
I never thought Brawl's box was bad.
That was a joke.

« Reply #192 on: October 15, 2008, 07:21:06 PM »
I'm with CW. There's something to be said for simplicity (Final Fantasy III (DS)) but that Shadow Dragon box is brown, bland, and boring.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #193 on: October 15, 2008, 10:21:55 PM »
Mother 3 is intentional simplicity. Shadow Dragon looks like they tried and failed.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #194 on: October 15, 2008, 11:29:55 PM »
What happened to not judging a book by its cover?

* MaxVance waits for jokes about how video games aren't books
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Print