Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1260255 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4230 on: May 25, 2009, 04:31:13 PM »
So I just saw Terminator: Salvation, and, as expected, it's a pretty good movie. Unfortunately, the pace is kind of muddled in the first 1/3 of the film, and later on the movie develops this MGS4-like obsession with making shout-outs to the first two movies (and what is potentially a reference to the third). However, the scene with the Arnold Schwarzenegger version of the T-800 is completely awesome, especially since John Connor kills it with both molotn steel and liquid nitrogen. Also, I was psyched to learn that Common was in it, too.
every

« Reply #4231 on: May 25, 2009, 11:39:46 PM »
Terminator Salvation didn't change my life, but I really dug the sounds made by the giant robots that put humans into the boxes and the part where it starts scrolling up the bare legs and you hear that music is a poop-worthy moment in cinema history.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #4232 on: May 26, 2009, 11:05:49 AM »
Today I was on fire, I put myself out by throwing a jar filled with urine at my feet. I got an achievement for it.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #4233 on: May 26, 2009, 12:10:01 PM »
Terminator Salvation didn't change my life, but I really dug the sounds made by the giant robots that put humans into the boxes and the part where it starts scrolling up the bare legs and you hear that music is a poop-worthy moment in cinema history.
That reminds me of the squeaky toy sound in T3 when the crane or fire truck ran over the kids pool.  (IIRC)
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Jman

• Score
« Reply #4234 on: May 26, 2009, 03:48:20 PM »
I went and saw the new Star Trek movie with a friend of mine last night.  It was awesome, but I really can't judge it because I've never been a Trekkie.  But this is how a movie based off of a television show should look.  The people who did Dragonball Evolution should be taking notes right now.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4235 on: May 26, 2009, 04:17:38 PM »
Rest assured, the Trek fan community also deems the new movie awesome. At least, me and the people I know who are.
That was a joke.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4236 on: May 26, 2009, 04:28:55 PM »
Apparently the whole reason J.J. Abrams messed with the timeline like he did was so that he could make a whole new series of movies.  That smells slightly of cashcow-milking, but as long as the movies are good, I don't care.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4237 on: May 26, 2009, 05:20:09 PM »
Would there have been any other reason? Star Trek needs something keeping it alive these days.
That was a joke.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4238 on: May 26, 2009, 05:36:37 PM »
Where are the DS9 movies?  Voyager?  They didn't have to resort to a continuity reboot.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #4239 on: May 26, 2009, 06:41:56 PM »
I smell a new tv series on the way.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4240 on: May 26, 2009, 07:32:01 PM »
It isn't a continuity reboot. It's an alternate universe. They very clearly referenced the new movie as an alternate reality.
There isn't a new TV series in the works. They're already working on the sequel to this movie, though. As far as DS9/Voyager movies, I always wanted a continuation of DS9, but it's been 10 years and I don't think they're going to get everyone back together for one. I'd like an all-encompassing late 24th-century movie (they did have Janeway in Nemesis) but I don't see that happening either. Rick Berman needed desperately to be taken off the job since he was messing everything up, so I'm glad JJ Abrams came in to make an excellent film instead of Berman's idea of just leaving Star Trek in the dust because he didn't feel like the public wanted to see it anymore.
That was a joke.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4241 on: May 27, 2009, 09:39:41 AM »
I love how all these producers think they know what the public wants to see and then puts out a bunch of crap that no one wants to see. 

(That's more directed at Cartoon Network/Disney/Nickelodeon.)

But before I turn this into the ANGST thread...
...I'm happy because I only have about a week of school left.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #4242 on: May 27, 2009, 01:29:33 PM »
Disney is awesome because they own Pixar.  Without Pixar I'd agree with you. 

What do you have against Nickelodeon?  They have lots of entertaining educational cartoons.  Take the recent Yo Gabba Gabba episode "New Friends" with Jack Black.  Awesome.  Though someone with Jack's figure shouldn't wear skin tight clothing.  And The Wonder Pets Save the Beatles.  They save the Freaking Beatles!  That awesome...  Nevermind, you're right.  I keep confusing Nick with Noggin because they are made by the same network.  Carry on... 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Jman

• Score
« Reply #4243 on: May 28, 2009, 10:05:03 AM »
I'm going to dress up as a Jack Black character next Halloween.  I can pull off a near perfect Jack Black if I grow out my hair and beard.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4244 on: May 28, 2009, 10:25:24 AM »

Print