Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1260685 times)

« Reply #4335 on: July 07, 2009, 10:40:07 PM »

Indeed -- Listening to songs from a concept album ouside of their original context is, in many cases, a travesty.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4336 on: July 07, 2009, 11:19:23 PM »
OK Computer isn't a concept album.
That said, when albums are intentionally sequenced for a cumulative effect, it is best to listen to the entire work. Whether you realize it or not, most albums do have at least some thought put into track sequencing. I don't know if you guys are just insane or what but the fact that you're actually discussing this is totally hilarious to me. I still like extra-computer music storage because then I have a real, lossless copy with liners and pictures and I still have it in case a hard drive fails. I don't ever buy MP3s. That's just paying for a lower-quality, intangible copy.
Also, classic rock is absolutely not the best music ever.
That was a joke.

« Reply #4337 on: July 07, 2009, 11:36:09 PM »
Generally speaking, I only buy MP3's of songs which are either impossible to find or exorbitantly expensive on CD. The term "intangible" really defined our sentiments against downloaded music quite nicely.

Also, classic rock is absolutely not the best music ever.

Who said it was?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4338 on: July 08, 2009, 11:16:35 AM »
While I would consider myself a music fan, I generally don't give two craps about sound quality unless it's noticeably bad. As such, I'd say roughly 95% of my music collection is MP3s, the majority of which were obtained illegally. I do have a sort of code when it comes to that; basically, if I get an album from a torrent, and like the majority of songs on it, I will attempt to buy the CD so it feels less like stealing.

When it comes to actually buying, I usually buy individual MP3s; to me, buying an entire album feels like too much of a commitment most of the time.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4339 on: July 08, 2009, 02:04:32 PM »
I never "steal" music just because I can't find any out there worth stealing.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #4340 on: July 08, 2009, 11:19:25 PM »
I have an internet connection at home now! Game friend codes coming in a matter of days. Woo hoo!
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #4341 on: July 09, 2009, 04:07:06 PM »
Brian, you hate all music?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4342 on: July 09, 2009, 04:24:04 PM »
I meant besides the music I already have.

But unfortunately, I want all love songs.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4343 on: July 09, 2009, 04:52:38 PM »
I know how you feel, man.
every

Jman

• Score
« Reply #4344 on: July 10, 2009, 07:02:48 PM »
I'm a big classic rock fan myself, but I am also open to most new music, except for lousy pop and gangster rap. 
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #4345 on: July 10, 2009, 10:43:21 PM »
I saw Schoolhouse Rock 2 Live and it was amazing!
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #4346 on: July 11, 2009, 12:24:35 AM »
Sounds... exhilarating.

Yesterday afternoon, I had begun contemplating the fact that I had hit social rock-bottom: My own mother told me that I should get out more. Just then, a friend phoned and invited me to, quote, "hang out" with him downtown this weekend (AKA tomorrow). This is a momentous occasion for me in numerous senses:

-One, it shall mark my first instance of going somewhere with a friend other than his or my house for a jeuvenile, parent-arranged playdate

-Two, it'll be my first foray downtown for reasons other than church-led service projects or school field trips and thus without adult supervision. Even just visiting the inner city is a rare experience for me, given that my dad refuses to venture there, as he persists that downtown is "where all the gays and weirdos hang out".

-Three, it'll be the first (and presumably only) occasion on which I'll see any friends, or people my age for that matter, outside of church for the entire summer. Fun times in the Canadian major municipal outskirts... oh yes indeedy.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #4347 on: July 11, 2009, 12:51:24 AM »
Sounds like a blast! At least you aren't spending 75% of your waking hours alone in a giant, darkened computer lab, eh?

Today I made the most delicious fried rice ever. Getting sansho pepper, mirin, and swiping my family's unused and ancient electric wok was an excellent idea.

« Reply #4348 on: July 11, 2009, 08:34:36 AM »
Aww, poor guy. You need to get out and see a movie or something...with another person, preferably.

It's my 16th and I just got the email I sent to myself from FutureMe.org. I noted in the letter that ShadowBrain showed everyone the site. I truly feel ridiculous. Some of the things in the email didn't happen that I wanted to (and from what I know now I'm happy that they didn't happen).

I also beat that stupid carriage part in Zelda. I finally got the guts to go on it and it was easy as pie. Utilize the gale boomerang.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 08:48:46 AM by Pt_Peach »
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4349 on: July 11, 2009, 08:47:57 AM »
Oh man, I forgot when I'm due to get mine...Well, happy birthday, Pt_Peach!

And Weegee, um, good job. But just because it's the first time you're hanging out with one of your friends outside of church doesn't mean it has to be the last, y'know. Personally I haven't been getting a lot of chill time with my friends due to work and such, but I have been invited to one of my friends' swim meet; I guess we'll see how that turns out.

Also,
Sounds like a blast! At least you aren't spending 75% of your waking hours alone in a giant, darkened computer lab, eh?

There isn't even a hacker there who knows karate? Or a really whiz-bang PC inside the door?

EDIT: Aaaaaand to round this post out, I just saw the new Civil Protection episode. It was...pretty good.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 10:38:07 AM by Glorb »
every

Print