Poll

How do you like your marshmallows?

Burnt to a lovely black crisp
A toasty golden brown
Barely warm; roasted but still white
Right out of the bag
I hate this thread
Print

Author Topic: Marshmallow Mayhem  (Read 3694 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« on: September 15, 2010, 05:52:05 PM »
As summer draws to a close, we bid our farewells to goofing off, vacations, and free time in general.  Of course, with the weather getting colder, camping and campfires become a much less common sight.  No more hot dog or marshmallow roasts until the next summer.  This makes me think: how do others like their marshmallows?  Personally, I stick the goods right into the flame until they catch fire and don't blow the fire out until the marshmallows are coated in a pleasingly black outer shell - nice and crispy on the outside, sweet and gooey on the inside. 

How about you?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 05:59:45 PM »
Roasted, but still white. They are good in s'mores that way. :)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 06:40:52 PM »
I like mine straight out of the bag. You just can't beat taking them out and popping them in your mouth!
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 07:41:00 PM »
Completely burned is the way to go.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 07:47:46 PM »
Lightly browned.

People eating black burned marshmallows: enjoy your cancer!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 08:02:03 PM »
We know, we know - everything is carcinogenic.

But the thread is about how we enjoy our marshmallows, not how unhealthy they are if cooked a certain way.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 08:18:25 PM »
I like my marshmallows without the marshmallows.
That was a joke.

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 09:06:17 PM »
But the thread is about how we enjoy our marshmallows, not how unhealthy they are if cooked a certain way.

I cook mine over an open fire, typically. That hasn't happened often in recent memory though..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 10:16:19 PM »
Golden-brown. I've had burnt black marshmallows a couple times before, they're not fun to eat.
You didn't say wot wot.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2010, 08:27:43 PM »
The interiors of the burnt ones taste mighty delicious, but the actual carcinogenic part is gross.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2010, 08:53:49 PM »
When marshmallows are present, I usually have at least one normal marshmallow, one black-burned one (intentionally or otherwise), and one I make a conscious effort to make golden-brown.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2010, 09:47:21 PM »
Agreed with Solid. I'm too afraid of burning my marshmallows, so I usually settle for just making them hot.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2010, 12:21:14 PM »
I usually roast them on the fork on the stove...and usually fail in blowing out the flames before my marshmallow goes black. But I try to get it golden-brown.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Print