Print

Author Topic: Question about WFC bans  (Read 12246 times)

« on: November 04, 2010, 02:45:19 PM »
So anyway, I was banned from Mario Kart Wii WFC play, and I was wondering how long it lasts without attempting to connect with hacks.
This bridge - extends from Nebraska to CANADA!

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 03:05:36 PM »
I believe it's permanent unless you call customer service and have it removed, or change some of your Wii's networking details.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 05:48:17 PM »
Why were you banned?

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 06:24:26 PM »
Seeing as he lists "attempting to connect with hacks" as a possible option for his future, I have a sneaking suspicion.

It comes as a surprise to me that Nintendo even has bans, and on an older game to boot. With this newfound knowledge in hand, I now raise my assessment of Nintendo's support for online competition from Utterly Terrible up to the new rating of Terrible.

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 06:37:24 PM »
LD: Mario Kart Wii has had a banning tool as long as I can remember. I think it has been in use since the game came out.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 06:57:20 PM »
I was just trying to get him to say it outright, so I had a reason to launch into a tirade about cheating in multiplayer games.

Cheating on your own time is your own business, but when you start to impact other people's enjoyment you get what you deserve.

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 07:11:01 PM »
So several days ago I tried the MAC changer and No Hax bypass codes and I still couldn't connect, but I am thinking about trying the WIID changer (a ban bypass code just for Mario Kart Wii).

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010, 08:24:30 PM »
Suber Bloober: you are a cheating loser and I don't like you for it.

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2010, 08:46:41 PM »
What were you banned for in the first place? The answer seems obvious, but some affirmation would be good.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2010, 05:21:09 AM »
Asking this forum about about how to remove a ban you received for cheating on an online multilayer game is like accidentally burning your house down with a menorah and then asking the WWII German Nazi party to help build you a new one.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2010, 08:23:06 AM »
Well, not quite, SolidShroom. It's more like if he burned his house down on purpose.

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2010, 02:47:28 PM »
Suber Bloober: you are a cheating loser and I don't like you for it.
Really. Then why don't YOU try cheating. See how fun it is.

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2010, 03:04:12 PM »
Cheating for fun offline, where you're isolated from disrupting another's good, clean fun is one thing. When you bring it on to a network and cause others not to have fun, we have a different situation.

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2010, 03:31:58 PM »
I'm all for online cheaters that cheat their VR up to 35,000 and don't modify anything else, due to that reflecting positively on everyone else's experience.  That's about it.  Offline, however, anything goes; though I don't partake in either kind myself, nor do I intend to.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2010, 03:45:03 PM »
You mean like Mr. Bean? Dude, that guy is so beast, too bad he stopped hacking. He made me the 4TL* I am today.

Print