YES!!!!! IT WILL SUCK!!!
3 (33.3%)
Don't know
3 (33.3%)
No it will be good
3 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Print

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda THE MOVIE?!!!!!  (Read 9520 times)

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2008, 03:01:16 AM »
Anyone who didn't immediately think this was part of April Fools Day has lost my immediate respect.
Anyone who pulls April Fool's Day pranks loses my respect.
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2008, 05:12:13 AM »
^ I know... I can't stand to do them. There's already enough people trying to trick us and lie to us enough times the other 364 days of the year.

Apparently this movie is the Wii version: mirrored.
LOL
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2008, 12:05:09 PM »
Anyone who pulls April Fool's Day pranks loses my respect.
I was going to prank call my friend with a Mario sound board the other day, but I didn't.

EDIT: I saw the trailer on YouTube today.  I saw the date it was uploaded, and I knew that it was obviously a prank.  It's well made, though.  I hope they never make an actual Zelda movie.  If they do, I'll see it, but probably wouldn't be any good.  Video games do not make the best movie adaptations.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 12:10:53 PM by Kojinka »
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2008, 02:42:38 PM »
Yeah, Yeah I knew this was fake when I posted it. I just wondered what you guys would say about it. Oh and this joke was sorta funny also.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/wrath/features/bard/bardclass.xml
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2008, 03:37:38 PM »
That movie looked simultaneously awesome and stupid. Seriously, I want to see it. The thing with Link not talking is pretty cool. Now we need a fake Half-Life movie trailer and we'll be on the awesome train.
every

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2008, 04:24:17 PM »
It sucks how everything that would be tottally awesome is already been coined for an April Fools' Joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2008, 05:26:35 PM »
Well, that's the whole point--most April Fools jokes prey on the things we all think would be really cool or desperately want.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2008, 05:56:31 PM »
The problem is, an IGN/fan-made film is probably going to be truer to the games than a Hollywood adaptation ever would be.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2008, 07:30:48 PM »
The problem is, an IGN/fan-made film is probably going to be truer to the games than a Hollywood adaptation ever would be.
^ Totally.

Saw it. Loved it. Pranked a friend (sorry... couldn't help myself... but it was today!). Coolest thing I've seen since ever, but the actors could've been better.

I almost got my mom to believe it, but the video stopped and I had to fix it, but I couldn't hold back the laughter any longer. Oh well.
I had a similar problem, but my friend just got wise ("Why would they do that to people!?") when there was a lull in the action when it messed up (IGN's vids are always that way, it seems...)--so I switched over to a YouTube version linked from GoNintendo.

And I wouldn't necessarily call it an ameteur project. I mean, IGN is a pretty big company, and have you seen the "Making Of" video?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2008, 12:58:38 PM »

Of course!  All of Hollywood'$ movie$ are made for a $ole purpo$e... and guess what it is?  ;)
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2008, 01:23:16 PM »
I wouldn't say IGN made it. Rainfall Films did. Sure, the actors are a bit off (can't really believe that lead guy to be Link, although he totally nails Link's vacant stare from the N64 game).

I thought the trailer was amazing, unusually well-done for a prank. And exactly, a film done with the purpose of being as faithful to the videogame as possible would, well, be more faithful to the videogame. It would please fans of the game. But then the differences between videogames and movies would probably hurt the film (if you don't enjoy watching a friend play the game, you won't like watching a film about it either). Critics who have never played recent videogames will likely say nasty things about it, although I'd be interested in a Metal Gear Solid movie just to see if the hours of cinema scenes end up being a passable movie when combined. Plus, Roger Ebert liked the movie version of "Hitman" for some reason.

Also consider that when playing a videogame, you sometimes wonder about the parts of the story that aren't in the game. Or wish to change existing cutscenes. You may have dreams about these alternate sequences. So fans will want to see these extra little things, otherwise it's not much more than capturing gameplay from the game.

And fans don't want to see the parts of the game that just plain didn't work out. I don't want to see Darunia shaking his groove thing on the big screen.

So the movie has to be different in any case. Catering to fans unfortunately means the audience will mainly be fans, and that's too small an audience to cater a movie to. To people who never knew what a Goomba or a Koopa was in "The Super Mario Bros. Movie", they enjoyed the film more than fans who went bat-crazy nitpicking over all the mistakes (never in a million years would I accept a Goomba as being six feet tall. But other people will think "goomba = mafia guy" and it's no problem to them. And they don't know or care that Yoshi is supposed to look very different). If you cater a videogame movie to videogame fans, then the mainstream won't quite understand why we have to watch Link painstakingly grab three jewel/emblem things just to get to the Master Sword. Ash from "Army of Darkness" would just chant a few magic words, forget the third word, cough through it, then grab the book and get out of there.

That said, a Prince of Persia: Sands of Time movie would be cool. Had a great storyline, had lots of action through fancy acrobatics, get to throw in the special effect of going back through time. I don't see how it'd be impossible to make a good movie out of that.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 01:26:00 PM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2008, 01:29:16 PM »
Why is this thread still alive
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2008, 01:31:02 PM »
Because people like talking about videogame-related movies.

A better question: why did you make that useless post? STFU, man.

-Lizard Dude

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2008, 01:33:26 PM »
I fell asleep at "IGN".
every

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2008, 01:35:16 PM »
It was a stupid April Fool's joke that needs to die now because April Fools Day ended 8 days ago.

LD needs to stop being a jerk. We know you didn't like being fired from the TMK staff, but you need to get over it now.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Print