Print

Author Topic: toad in mario kart 64  (Read 23463 times)

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2008, 08:39:04 AM »
Yeah southern new yokers like in the city or long island say words like "spatula" as "spatuler".  Or "cockroach" as "cockaroach" Or  "tumor" as "tuma".  It seems that their "er's" become "a's" and vis versa and is the main glitch in their speech.  But we love 'em anyways! :)
And no need to get roused Megabyte.  I wasn't trying to insult the way British people spell their words. :)
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

Super Caterina!

• Super Cool
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2008, 09:09:24 AM »
Yeah southern new yokers like in the city or long island say words like "spatula" as "spatuler".  Or "cockroach" as "cockaroach" Or  "tumor" as "tuma".  It seems that their "er's" become "a's" and vis versa and is the main glitch in their speech.  But we love 'em anyways! :)
And no need to get roused Megabyte.  I wasn't trying to insult the way British people spell their words. :)

Oh yes, I knew about dialects!
They are also here: in my region we are "famous" for the way to use vocals sound in the speech: we pronounce them very "opened" and talk fast (well...in less words, when you hear a venetian speaking, that is my accent more and less XD).
While in the south of Italy they say very strong consonants.
Well, I have noticed that  the way of speeking of Mario is similar to our pronounciation, while Luigi has a more southern Italian accent (especially in Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga and Partners in Time: they really seems to talk Italian!---Even if they say things without sense...XD). Maybe this is cause for their different tone of their voice... ;p

By the wayyy...I have always thougt Toad had legs, even if very short (Ihave always used to drawToad with little legs^_^'). But with his new design, I think he doesn't have legs really.
It's meee, Super Caterina! =D

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2008, 09:42:31 AM »
I thought I was the only one to think that from SMB2, Toad looked like he was wearing a diaper.
I thought Toad was also wearing a diaper in that back then, so it always looked weird to me whenever he climbed something.

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2008, 10:06:10 AM »
Well I guess it all depends on opinion.  My opinion is that he doesn't have legs, while someones elses is he does.  Doesn't really matter, as long as everyones happy. :)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2008, 11:15:37 AM »
No, you still don't understand. You're ignorant because people who learn English most places besides America learn the British form, and thus that is no indication that Caterina is English (which she isn't).

Toad's legs look pretty well defined to me:
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 11:30:43 AM by Chupperson Weird »
That was a joke.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2008, 12:38:07 PM »
Leave us British alone!  I'm going off to play Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles...
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2008, 01:39:29 PM »
CW if you look at those pics of toad you just posted its clear that only the one to the far left has any legs.  What do you mean his legs are "well defined" in the other ones?  Their no even there!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2008, 01:49:02 PM »
This topic reminds me of a question I've had for a while:
Why does Toad wear a diaper?

Regards, Uncle Dolan

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2008, 02:09:50 PM »
Ew!  I don't like that cartoon!  It kinda grosses me out because toad is older than peach!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2008, 04:30:38 PM »
Kid, wait'll you've lived and surfed the web for as long as the rest of us have. Ya ain't seen nothin' yet. ;D

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2008, 06:08:42 PM »
Well,  I've been surfing the web for.......about 5 years now.  I don't think its as long as you guys either.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2008, 09:34:01 PM »
True, many dialects here. I think the farther north/east you go, the faster they speak!

Here in Texas, we're pretty chill about the way we speak. We're not in a rush all the time so we just.... talk! Ya know?

The only thing southern you'll catch us say is "y'all," and a lack of the letter "g" on "-ing" endings on some words..... and that's about it. We aren't UH GIT GIT GIT WHUT ER U DOIN?!?!?! GIT HI-TECNICAAAAAAL.

Oh, speaking of Mario Kart 64, I have a question I've always wondered. Do the sprites for the characters change when you get hit by an item? When hit with anything that sends you in the air or toppling, I've noticed with Luigi (that's the only character I use) that when I fly up in the air it looks as if when he's spinning around he's got his hands in the air, possibly on his head. True, or am I trippin?
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2008, 03:29:02 AM »
We also pronounce things with an emphasis on different parts of some words.
Yeah, that was one of the things that threw me off when I started watching British TV shows.  "Strawberry" doesn't sound like "straw berry"; it comes out sounding more like "stroobbry".  Huh?
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2008, 04:16:02 AM »
Central/southern California. Along with classic Californian overuse of "dude" and "like," I engage in talking too fast and slurring words/pausing as I try to catch up with my speech, and ending "ing" words with "in'" instead. Not all the time though. I think. You don't realize you have a dialect until you start talkin' about it.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2008, 07:14:24 AM »
Do the sprites for the characters change when you get hit by an item?

An answer to your question trainman, no,  I do not believe that the sprites change.  I (like you) use only Toad to play that game, although I have used some others here and there.  But I think that they just take the normal sprites and animate by lifting up the car and spinning it around.  Oh yeah and to let you know,  up here in New England (excluding massechusets) we talk similar to you guys down south.

Print