Print

Author Topic: Mario Theme Video Catalog  (Read 27944 times)

« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2009, 10:17:43 AM »
Also, Toad, keep in mind that Mario Party 3 has two different arrangements of the song during the intro.

I just recall the one as the Millenium Star crashes into the garden. What was the other one?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2009, 12:27:30 PM »
Well, during the intro, when everyone's hanging out in front of the castle before the M-Star crashes down, the SMB song is a bit more robust as if it's orchestrated. However, when the M-Star crashes down and everything turns into 2D objects, the song then repeats, but with a more Toy Time Galaxy-esque twist on it, more childish, more playful, in a sense. Also, slightly different notes, and different instruments. A bit more stacatto-y and jazzy, too.

For reference and recording purposes:

Mario Party 3 > Sound Room > Toad's Music Box > 10th page labeled "Story Cinema" > Prologue 2 (orchestra-sounding one) & Prologue 3 (Toy Time-sounding one)
Formerly quite reasonable.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2009, 11:41:17 PM »
Okay, I'm almost certain I heard the SMB theme coming from that house just now in Wii Sports Resort. It's usually the death music, but apparently sometimes it's the main theme too. If I have a DVD-R somewhere around here I might be able to record it.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2009, 11:51:04 PM »
I'm glad someone bumped this thread. It made me think of a couple of questions..

Should I make a list of games that I cannot cover (due to lack of owning a copy of the game, usually)?

What would be a good website to upload my videos to? I have a Facebook account, but I'd rather not everyone found out my real name here.. Not that I'm saying we all aren't trust worthy here..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2009, 12:02:30 AM »
YouTube?
That was a joke.

« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2009, 12:47:59 AM »
Youtube. Of course.

Somehow I didn't even think of youtube.. Thank you.

« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2009, 06:24:53 PM »
GCN: Mario Power Tennis - in the Bloopers Reel, if that hasn't previously been noted.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2009, 11:30:33 PM »
It has, but thank you.

And now, a question: There are several videos up of the Mario theme all over Youtube (like this one, for instance).

Should I abandon the project, or should I press onward? Nobody else has yet to put them in any kind of order like I want to do..

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2009, 01:09:13 AM »
Nah, go right ahead and put them in the order you want.

You could do it in the same fashion as the guy who has recorded every single Starman theme on Youtube......that fashion being chronological, and also... you could feature the box art or a screenshot for the game it was featured in so people could remember/have a visualizer.

« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2009, 08:28:53 AM »
Well, thing is, I would have to record the actual game in order to get the theme recorded at all. I don't have all those fancy capture cards and whatnot. I have a Flip and it does a good job, but the picture quality won't be nearly as crisp as say, those videos Kimimaru has provided.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2009, 12:07:32 PM »
Tell me which games you would like me to record and I'll see if I can record them. I think your Flip recorder would work better for 2D Mario games because they aren't as detailed as 3D games.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2009, 10:10:50 PM »
Actually, alot of the 2D games record better because they are less detailed. I don't know, but Mario RPG didn't look as good as SMB.

Anyway, another question: upon submitting to a website (like Youtube), should I submit separate movies for each game (ie: one for SMB, one for SMB2, etc) or maybe like one per system (one that contains all NES, one SNES, etc)?

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2009, 10:31:47 PM »
You should probably upload separate movies for each game. It would be easier for others to find every occurrence that way.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2009, 10:48:28 PM »
Another appearance that was missed on both lists (I believe...) is in the cutscene that appear when you get all 96 exits in SMA2.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2009, 03:23:12 PM »
So, Toad, could you give us an update on progress? Are you still trying to find all the instances, then record them in one huge batch... or are you recording what you already have as you go... or...?

Print