Print

Author Topic: The Silly Mario Fan Theories Thread  (Read 188977 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #180 on: August 23, 2012, 07:36:30 PM »
I seem to remember a similar sound being used for cancelling something/answering no to something in Mario Party 2. Or at least it sounded similar to me. So my mind connected that to the otherworldly source of faceless text that offers you those Yes/No dialogues. Which may as well also be the voice that narrates when there's no narrator character, describes items and gives tutorials.

That reminds me of another theory:

The narrator from Mario Parties 1-5 is the Talking Parrot.
You know, the one from the Option House? He also appears in Mario Party 3.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #181 on: August 23, 2012, 09:13:03 PM »
The one that goes "Start!" "Feeneesh!" "New Rec-OARD"? That voice was distinctly female, I thought
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #182 on: August 23, 2012, 11:44:10 PM »
Then that means the parrot is a girl. :P

« Reply #183 on: August 24, 2012, 01:54:36 AM »
Competing theory:

The narrator from Mario Parties 1-5 is Pac-Man
To pay back this favor, Mario later narrated Pac-Man Vs.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #184 on: August 24, 2012, 08:22:51 AM »
But that voice sounds nothing like any of the voices Pac-Man has ever had over the years. :P

« Reply #185 on: August 24, 2012, 03:41:31 PM »
Huh. I guess SM64's Star Select is BAHs..

I wish I had something more to add to this topic right now..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #186 on: August 24, 2012, 03:52:49 PM »
Toads are robots

The mushroom head is actually a casket containing large, complex computers that simulate a sentient creature's decision-making and thought processes very, very convincingly. They are also equipped with teleporters that enable them to reach worlds and galaxies before Mario does. Because Toad is a robot, in SMB2, he can out-power even the Mario Bros. and lift heavy vegetables very quickly, but his heavy metallic body doesn't let him jump as high. In NSMBW Blue and Yellow Toadbots' jumps are augmented by tiny rocket packs. They have retractable parts to simulate the way Mario shrinks when he gets hurt.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #187 on: August 24, 2012, 07:07:04 PM »
There's a robot in our midst.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #188 on: August 25, 2012, 08:01:19 AM »
Darn it. They figured me out!

* Toad runs
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #189 on: August 27, 2012, 10:12:03 AM »
When a character jumps games, they appear as a cameo in the game they've jumped into

I realise this can't be further researched until Wreck-It Ralph comes to theatres (and therefore, possible related games are also released), but Ralph jumps between games in the movie. If he appears in the player's line of sight, I wonder if the player would think "Whoa! Ralph cameo!"

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #190 on: August 27, 2012, 01:19:07 PM »
Does that mean game jumping has to be officially sanctioned by a given game company for it to be safe?

« Reply #191 on: August 27, 2012, 07:48:35 PM »
So that's what Culex was doing.

« Reply #192 on: August 27, 2012, 10:34:47 PM »
Yes Chef. I believe something like that is a good answer.

I didn't think Culex was from any form of Final Fantasy, just styled after common elements from the series.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #193 on: August 27, 2012, 11:51:22 PM »
The Final Fantasy IV boss music jumped games, though.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #194 on: August 28, 2012, 08:09:18 AM »
Wasn't the castle town music in SMRPG from an FF game as well?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print