Print

Author Topic: What Mario stages would you like to see in the next Smash games?  (Read 20397 times)

« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2014, 06:36:16 PM »

I've often wondered about the possibility of an underwater stage, with Bloopers and Cheep-Cheeps floating about.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2014, 07:44:04 PM »
In the background or as hazards? Are the physics changed?

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2014, 08:18:36 PM »
Either or.

Yeah, with the physics altered to make everything slow and floaty.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2014, 11:47:05 PM »
Combination underwater/Brawl throwback stage!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2014, 11:52:25 PM »
numbersigntagbanned

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2014, 01:20:32 PM »
That didn't stop them from remixing Gourmet Race. And that was an awesome remix.

To be fair, there were arrangements of that in Melee and Smash 64 before Brawl, and Smash Bros. is what kinda spurned people to make remixes of it in the first place.

« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2014, 09:52:35 PM »
That's something missing: underwater brawls. Characters.. can hold their breath for the fight, and everybody can jump up to five times to float or swim (like Kirby/Jigglypuff in a regular setting). I would assume the physics would be similar to Pokémon Stadium 2's windy arena..

If Mario Hoops can pull it off, so can other games (Mario Kart is already doing it..)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2014, 10:23:31 PM »
I'm not certain your average Smash player would like the idea of having a stage that's always set to low-g mode. I know I wouldn't.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2014, 12:37:18 AM »
I think the Galaxy stage in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U puts a nice twist on things without straying too far from a typical stage. I would be interested in seeing similar ideas in other stages.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2014, 11:19:14 PM »
Yesterday, after reading the Ars Technica article where they had a picture of the Duck Hunt dog in the new Smash Bros, I sent the text to a friend who owns a Wii U, who told me it was a fake.

His response? "Might as well put the Bob-Omb King in the game!"

I actually thought that was a great idea! After all, he deserves a second chance after being the first enemy defeated in Super Mario 64!! (Unless you're that insane guy who gets rid of Chain Chomp first; I ran that past my buddy and he suggested the Bob-Omb King could use said Chain Chomp as a weapon!)

Then, he had an even better idea--why not make the Bob-Omb Battlefield a stage in some form?

I immediately seconded him on this one. It's got cannons, goombas, Bob-Omb buddies, Koopa the Quick, tons of Bob-Ombs, and those boulders that go down the hill.

I think he's got a winner here...thoughts?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2014, 11:40:56 AM »
Let's just add every Mario character ever and change the title to "Super Mario Smash Bros.". Won't make a difference at all, right? -_-

« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2014, 08:09:56 PM »
Well it's worked for the Pokémon franchise so far in this series. A great many of the characters have been playable, been in a Pokeball, an Assist Trophy, a stage hazard, or has had a cameo as a stage background or trophy..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2014, 08:16:05 PM »
You're not helping my point.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2014, 08:36:59 PM »
That is the basic purpose of a counterpoint
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2014, 09:13:44 PM »
no it's not
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Print