Print

Author Topic: Undertale.  (Read 10209 times)

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2015, 09:27:57 PM »
Oh, without a doubt.

YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2016, 03:07:22 PM »
Just finished both a Pacifist and Genocide run.  I was hesitant to play this because of the sheer hype surrounding it, but there's no denying it's among the most unique and charming video games to come out in the last several years.  It would be impossible to list all the little touches and meta elements I found interesting.  No review I could write would adequately explain why it's a good game.  Even the stuff that made me real mad was still kind of cool in its own way.  There's just so much there, especially for such a short game.

As soon as you decide to go for Genocide, the gameplay becomes anything BUT "light."  I did indeed "have a bad time" with Sans, but his role in that playthrough also catapulted him to probably my favorite character, and "Megalovania" alone is almost worth the price of the whole game.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2016, 07:36:37 PM »
Definitely one of my top games of the year (although, to be fair, my laptop hasn't been able to run 2015's real A-listers). It struck me as a combination of the Mother series and Space Funeral going in, and I wasn't wrong, but I didn't expect the excellent soundtrack. Equal parts lols, chills, and nightmare fuel were experienced.

Unfortunately didn't manage the pacifist run.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2016, 10:33:39 PM »
You go back and do True Pacifist right this instant, young man.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2016, 10:06:12 PM »
Just as soon as I stop kicking myself for forgetting to write down what that one monster said about how to get to Temmy Village
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2016, 10:02:27 AM »
That was actually the one thing I missed during both runs I did... somehow completely overlooked it, which is a shame because it's amazing.

Print