Print

Author Topic: It took me ages to...  (Read 3530 times)

« on: July 03, 2004, 04:57:36 AM »
... Go trough level D-4 in smb2 (j)!!!!
man i hate that level!!!! But i did it, (yay!)

SO: the point is,what is the most annoying level or part of level in the mario history?

oh,almost forgot,my friend told me that i have a pirate snes,cuz the console is different,and the buttons are red,yellow,green and blue. It's really scary and my friend says that original and the best snes is the one that has only a little purple buttons. So is my snes a pirate,or a some kind of a  test-snes or something...

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2004, 10:36:55 AM »
Hardest level...It's a special level in SMW that I can't remeber the name of. I think it might have been "outrageous".

And I don't think your SNES is pirated. I remember one of my friends having one like that.

"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2004, 10:53:51 AM »
Aren't those the colors of the Super Famicom's buttons?

''Procrastinate now. Don''t put it off.'' -Ellen Degeneres
Your sig is annoying. -Deezer

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2004, 11:11:22 AM »
That's what I was thinking. The Famicom Systems had a more playful look to them, while the NES and SNES wanted to attract an older audience by keeping grays and having minimal colors (Hence why the buttons are usually purple on the SNES Controller).

That idea was scrapped by the time the N64 came out in fruity colors..
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2004, 11:22:20 AM »

I don't understand why the only colorful color they chose was purple...

Anyway, back on topic.  I never liked Dire, Dire Docks in SM64.  And I used to be afraid of the Haunted House level in SM64
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2004, 11:26:19 AM »
so it is not a pirate? thanx, btw ¥tterbiJúm,you've got mail.

(insert signature here)

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2004, 11:34:40 AM »
so it is not a pirate? thanx, btw ¥tterbiJúm,you've got mail.

(insert signature here)

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2004, 12:27:48 PM »
The European SNES looks just like the Super Famicom (so it will look different than the American SNES and have the four-color buttons, etc.)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2004, 10:03:07 PM »
I remember a few years back they were selling official Nintendo replacement SNES controllers at Wal*Mart with the 4-color buttons.

The universe is permeated with the odor of turpentine.
That was a joke.

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2004, 05:38:18 PM »
Does it use the same american cartridges? If so, and if it also has the "Super Nintendo Entertainment System" logo on it(not the Famicom), then it is a strangley rare SNES. Because if it uses the PAL/Famicom type carts, it is just a regular PAL version SNES.

I failed to get through Level D-4, once I got until the King of Koopas, ran under him and when I was just pixels away from the switch, my time was up. I gave up then.
Now I'm going to go through the entire game again. Oh the joy! :0)

Looks like Bowser's at it again..
Looks like Bowser's at it again..

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2004, 06:10:19 PM »
I still think that levels like 8-3 are harder than D-4, but that's just me, personally. Of course, 8-2 is the hardest until you figure out how to clear it...

The one level that ALWAYS gives me major problems in SMB2J, and I honestly do not quite know why, is 4-4. I can get through the first 15 levels only dying a couple times, and then I get to 4-4 and I just can't clear it. I have more difficulty with 4-4 than D-4 normally! Another level(s) that is a bit annoying is 7-3/C-3, because you can't see mario for about half the level anyways.

As for other games... Well, I've usually had plenty of problems with Tetris Attack puzzle mode, level 6-4, second set. I have run through all 120 puzzles, and taken longer on 6-4, 2nd set than on all 119 other puzzles COMBINED. And the ONLY instance I have ever had to write to Nintendo Power for help on is level 9-5 of the Puzzle Mode of SNES Yoshi's Cookie. I think level 9 of puzzle mode is harder overall than level 10, personally... I mean, the only level in level 10 I had true difficulties with was 10-6.

And then there are the flying airships in world 8 of SMB3, you know, right after the hand traps. I mean, the screen scrolls almost as fast as Mario runs... the level is almost impossible to clear without a P-Wing, or at least without a raccoon tail. I also dislike:

5-4 (SMB1)
8-2 (SMB1 -- only that ridiculously long gap, about 60% the way through the level, though)
5-1 (SMB2)
Valley of Bowser 2 (SMW -- only that part with the sliding yellow wall)
Extra 5 (YI -- go on, try and clear this one with 100 without a Middle Ring. I'm pretty sure Fifth's done it, but I certainly can't.)
100 coin star for about half the SM64 levels
Banshee Boardwalk (MK64) -- Hey, I've lost this one by a lap and a half (That is, been 8th and was a lap and a half behind 7th)  before immediately after winning the first two races of Special cup. I have the inability to stay on this track.
Skyscraper (MK64) You know, I don't think I've EVER won on this course before... I've won about 70-80% the games I've played on the other three courses, though...
3-1 (SML1): It is like playing through the same level 3 times in a row, and then you still have about 40% of the level to go. I mean, I've beaten this level without dying ONCE, and I've hauled through the level and beat it with about 40 seconds left on the timer. Ugh...

There may be more... not sure.

~I.S.~
~I.S.~

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2004, 07:30:45 AM »
I thought it was infuriatingly difficult to roll that giant watermelon down the hill and to the juice mixer at Gelato Beach, mainly because of those Cataquacks.

73h399/\/\4/\/: 1337''d

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2004, 03:09:07 AM »
Oh, Sure!

Shawne Vinson

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2004, 12:37:33 PM »
I have two controllers for my SNES: One w/ purple buttons & one w/ assprted color buttons.

I can't remember the exact stage level (I haven't played it for so long) in SMB1. It has the long pit, "Mario's Width" Platform and then another pit. It might the same as Insane Steve's. I've never beaten it. Ever.
"Butter Bridge" (SMW) Hate it. Auto scroll. Hate it.
"Tick Tock Clock" (SM64) Strange, how your favorite level cause also be your least favorite level. Along with the SM64 line, I have to go with "Rainbow Ride" as another favorite and also least favorite. Strange how that works out, eh?

------------------------------
Hmm... I CAN''T THINK OF A SIGNATURE

Edited by - gamemaster79 on 7/8/2004 11:38:35 AM

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2004, 04:25:07 PM »
The SMB level you referrenced is 8-1. I'm almost certain of it.

~I.S.~
~I.S.~

Print