Print

Author Topic: somthing that bugs me SMW  (Read 7015 times)

« on: June 02, 2000, 03:18:04 PM »
Okay do any of you guys notice the Goombas in SMW? There really round and stupid, I was wondering if they were somthing else in japan and got called Goombas here???

Doomba, King of the Goombas
Doomba, King of the Goombas

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2000, 05:39:33 PM »
No, I don't think so, because their eyes are the same as all the other versions of the goombas. Actually, I like them when they're more rounded like that. It gives them some demension etc, and makes them look a lot cooler. The best ever version of the goomba was definitely in SM64 though, they're really cool and realistic, if you will. I like that sound that they make when they jump too, and the way that they run, and the way that they squish when you jump on them, and the way that they fly 1/2 a mile away when you punch/kick/trip them. The goombas from SM64 are really cool.

~Mikle
~Mikle: An honorary member of "The Mushroom Society."

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2000, 06:09:20 PM »
I remember that the Goombas in Super Mario Land had a different name for no apparant reason other than someone didn't want to translate the enemies from japanese... i believe they were called "chibiko", but that's all really besides the point.

Thank you for saving us but our princess is in another castle!
Thank you for saving us but our princess is in another castle!

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2000, 07:54:07 PM »
"Chibibo" is also the name for the little Goombas that rain down on you in "Mario 3" in the Japanese release.  "Chibibo" means "little Kuribo" in Japanese, and "Kuribo" is the Japanese name of the standard Goombas.  I didn't realise someone had already commented on the crummy Goombas in "Mario World" when I posted my complaints under "Goombas Unite".
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2000, 08:47:52 PM »
Heh   not trying to TOTALLY go off the subject  but somehow my posts always get posted on other peoples posts :)   but anyway  to stay on the subjects  those round goombas look like there on crack.

*cough smoke smoke cough*  BAD GOOMBAS!

~*(Remember:  Koopa is Watching you)*~
Muwahahahahahaha IIIIIIIIIIM
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK

Print