Print

Author Topic: Mariology (serious posts wanted)  (Read 470485 times)

« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2005, 03:30:40 AM »
Koopie koo?
She was a female.

-*My signature is for rent*-

(5 € a week)

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2005, 09:58:35 AM »
Actually I meant more like a dragon koopa like Bowser.  But... wait, is Koopie Koo the only female troopa shown so far in the Mario Universe or were there others that I forgot about?  It seems like it.

"Oh great.  From now I am shall forever be known as the king who talks to posters."
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2005, 07:22:41 PM »
Don't forget Kolorado's wife in the first Paper Mario.  And of course, Kammy the Magikoopa.

-----------------------------
"The bigger they are, the harder I fight."

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2005, 02:21:55 PM »
Wow! I've been hoping for a long time someone would finally want to discuss (serious) theories of the Mario Universe! ^_^  I have so many theories about everything it's rather insane. >_>;  As you said, KK, just because Miyamoto does want Mario tied down to a set storyline doesn't mean we can't formulate one. Personally, I find trying to connect the dots rather intriguing.

Heheh...anyway... Starting with Humans...

I believe humans are just like any other intelligent species in the Mushroom World, like Toads, Goombas, Koopas, Piantas, etc., only they seem to be less common because certain places in the MW are more heavily populated with a certain species from one location to the next.

For example, in Isle Delfino the most common intelligent beings are Piantas and Nokis, although there are others seen. Beanbean Kingdom is most commonly populated with those Beanbean creatures (sorry, I still haven't played the game yet, so I don't know precise names of things.)  It doesn't mean that there are less of them in the MW, it just means there are certain areas that have certain intelligent creatures more than others.

Humans are likely more spread out; I don't believe all of them had to come from the Human World.
This is evidenced in Yoshi's Island, where Mario and Luigi are delivered to TMK to there parents, who would have to be human.  (Come on, Toad parents? That's ridiculous) Besides, from their silhouttes, they look obviously human. It's also obvious there are more humans in the MW because of Mario Golf and Tennis games--Plum, Neil, Ella, Azalea, etc.

Just like in the PM games, probably there is a town that has mainly humans in it, like how Koopa Village is filled mostly with Koopas, and Toad Town is mostly filled with Toads. I believe whatever this human town may be, it was likely wiped out (which has to do with another theory of mine--how and why the Bros. ended up in the Human World....but that's for another post).  This probably caused the inhabitants who weren't killed to flee throughout the MW, which is probably why it seems there are less.

I don't believe humans are, like, an "endangered species" or anything, just it seems that way because they're so thinly spread out. (Actually...they may be, but I really don't know. I know there are more humans, but...*shrugs*) However, I'm sure there are human towns mostly populated with them, even if they're not in TMK, just we don't know about it or where it's located.

Etc.: I believe Il Piantissimo is a Pianta, but only skinny. Or...hmm..did it say somewhere that he was someone disguised as a Pianta? I can't remember. Meh. Unless he's in more games, or Ninty sheds more light on him, I don't think it's really that big of a deal.

Also: I believe Ninty said Wario and Waluigi were actually "humanoids"--they're more elfin, from what you can tell by their appearance. How or why they're like that, I haven't speculated yet. I'll discuss more theories I have about them later, as will I discuss theories of many other Mario Universe things, too.

More theories on Princess Peach and her parents, the Koopalings (and Bowser Jr.), Birdo, and also others, eventually.
(LONGEST POST EVER!)

--------------------
Wise men talk because they have something to say;
fools, because they have to say something.

Edited by - Sapphira on 1/10/2005 12:32:30 PM
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2005, 05:46:55 PM »
Oh yeah, I forgot about that, KK.  Good theory there, Sapph.  Maybe most of the humans left the MW when the Koopas invaded?

If Wario and Waluigi aren't related to Mario and are elfin then they must be related to... Link!  Uh-oh! ;)

"Oh great.  From now I am shall forever be known as the king who talks to posters."

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 1/10/2005 3:48:46 PM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2005, 10:25:00 PM »

You call that a skinny Pianta?

Let me away from this boulder!

Edited by - Popple on 1/10/2005 8:25:50 PM

« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2005, 10:31:59 PM »
No, I call that a dude dressed up as one.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2005, 10:37:13 PM »
Case rested.

« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2005, 10:11:53 AM »
Wait a sec!! The theory I posted on humans here is pretty much the same thing like Sapphira said!!

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!
...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!
I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2005, 04:05:38 PM »
Yes, but we like Sapph more.

JK

"Good morning. And in case I don''t see you again: Good afternoon, good evening, and good night."- Truman, The Truman Show
This is a secret coded message.

« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2005, 06:24:46 PM »
 I'm sorry, forget what I said about Mario and Luigi's parents being Toads.
Yoshisaurus Rex : Yeah I remember the green/red Birdos in SMB2. But they come in alot of colors now like Yoshis.
Slap-Worthy!

« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2005, 07:01:23 PM »
I like Sapph's ideas, I'm glad somebody else shares a passion for serious Mariology discussions ^_^.  And I had completely forgotten about the humans in Mario Golf.

But anyway, have we found out who the main inhabitants of Sarasaland are?  Because that seems to me like it's pretty good cantidate for the humans home country.  Although, I think I read somewhere that the main inhabitants were those rock creatures from Mario Land (I forget their names).

« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2005, 08:45:28 PM »
It maybe well be and Daisy is keeping it away from everyone. Destroy her! Ahem...anyways, this is my theory on the human thing:

As implied in the movie (which after constant viewing concluded that it was not good), there could exist portals to the Mushroom Kingdom or other kingdoms. Through this, Peach's grandparents may have come through there and be seen as strange by the inhabitants. They did something very heroic and were chosen as their rulers. They had two children, a male and female. Also, two other adventurous siblings found a portal and made their way into the kingdom. They met the prince and princess and married them. Each couple had one child each: Peach and Daisy. The king and queen died and had their children take over. Unfortunately, there grew tensions between the two couples and they decided to split the kingdom into two and each couple would rule as king and queen of their kingdom. As for why Peach is not queen, her parents probably left somewhere and until their death is confirmed, the law says that she cannot be queen.

But the strangest question I have is this: why would Bowser love someone like Peach?
Actually I have an idea, but let's see if you can get it.

Mario and Sonic shall clash together soon. Be on the lookout.
---Mario and Sonic shall clash together soon. Be on the lookout.---

« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2005, 05:47:47 PM »
As I see it, humans do live in the Mushroom World, but Mario and Luigi are from our world. I take the Super Mario Bros. Super Show into account, in which there are many humans around. As for why they don't appear in many of the Mario games, most humans are upper-class (such as Peach, the SMB3 kings, the former residents of Luigi's Mansion) and therefore feel they are above the low-class peasants that are the talking plant and animal creatures.

A "Koopa" is not the name of the creature; it is the surname of a family of those of the race known as the "Boom-Booms" (non-Koopa Boom-Booms can be seen in the fortresses in SMB3, or as football players in SMW).

« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2005, 07:50:55 PM »
Look under II Piantissimo's helmet! He's a weasel/dog thing!

TMK fan since three years ago!
TMK fan since three years ago!

Print