Print

Author Topic: "Mature" Mario?  (Read 9414 times)

« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2000, 02:02:01 PM »
Billy-MARIO'S Mario and Luigi.

Sanctus-Okay, even supposing they were born in Italy, that's not the same as the Mushroom Kingdom.  They came there as adults.

Lee "Mega 2" Sherman

Sneaky Lying Cheating Giant Ninja Koopa
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2000, 02:10:31 PM »
Billy-MARIO'S Mario and Luigi.

Sanctus-Okay, even supposing they were born in Italy, that's not the same as the Mushroom Kingdom.  They came there as adults.

Lee "Mega 2" Sherman

Sneaky Lying Cheating Giant Ninja Koopa
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2000, 09:06:02 PM »
Maybe the Mario Brothers grew up with an Italian family in Brooklyn. During World War II, Thousands of Italian familys moved from Italy to Brooklyn.

Ironfoot (a.k.a. Zero)
Moderator at Nintentrix.com

Webmaster of Wario Castle (Coming soon)

Edited by - Ironfoot on 12/31/2000 7:07:42 PM
Did you meet my Siberian Monkey?

« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2001, 08:45:41 AM »
Maybe the mature mario will be a gun slinger painting the screen red with goomba blood!

« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2001, 02:19:50 PM »
Forget the Brooklyn crap.  Here's how it goes:
Mario's parents are Italian.  They moved in to the Mushroom Kingdom and had Mario and Luigi.  The brothers must have spent too much time with their parents, explaining their Italian accent instead of a normal one.
Hope this will lead you out of confusion, capische?

Only someone will remain as the true Nintendo mascot.  That someone is Mario.  Go, Mario, Go!
Agustín, The Sage Of Fungus.

''Nuff Said.

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2001, 03:52:28 PM »
Here's how I interpret the Mario back story, even although it has NOTHING to do this topic.

Yoshi's adventures were on Yoshi's Island. As we know from this, Bowser's first arch-nemesis or whatever was Yoshi, not Mario (according to ''chronologic'' order). We also know that the map the stork was presumably using to find Mario's family was a map that Yoshi couldn't figure out.

This either means Yoshi can't read maps, or it isn't a map of Yoshi's Island. Doesn't quite explain why the level select screen is a map, though. If it was a map of Yoshi's Island, then the mushroom house might be somewhere on the island (unlikely).

The mushroom house, since we can't identify where it is, is not in the Mushroom Kingdom or Brooklyn. Chances are it's in the Mushroom Kingdom since it's a mushroom house, so this doesn't explain how they got to Brooklyn.

Since Nintendo obviously didn't put together some loose ends when making games (how were they to try to fit SMB with Yoshi's Island a few years later?), they have created a paradox like with baby mario and Mario existing at the same time. This is why no sense can be made of it.

So anyway, they somehow came to Brooklyn. Let's just assume the mushroom house is in Brooklyn (hey, they're Marios, anything can happen). From the cartoons, and the SMB manual, they just so happened to stumble into the Mushroom Kingdom. That pretty much sums up everything, except for how Yoshi and Mario reunite a few years later with Yoshi not remembering a thing about them. Don't give me any of this "There's two Yoshies" stuff, because Nintendo leads us to believe this other story they had.

So in the end, Nintendo created a paradox, so we'll never come to a conclusion. And they just make games, not stories. The whole turtle (yes, Bowser is a turtle, because Koopa Troopas were classified in SMB as the Turtle Tribe, and Bowser is King of the Koopas). capturing princess deal is too overused of a story. And finally, Yoshi is a dinosaur, again according to Nintendo.

That should settle everything. We usually think that what Nintendo says is always correct. So we can't fill in any of these story gaps without completely ignoring Nintendo fact. The cartoons did not fit in with the rest of the game (since when does Madzilla pop up in SMB3?), the prequels and such have loose ends, and that's it.

Now I'd like to hear someone that disagrees with all this, which is probably most of the people that reply to this post.

To be a Koopa, you must become a Koopa.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2001, 07:20:54 PM »
Whoa!  We're still talking about the Mario Bros. backstory, huh?  Well. . .

It looks like Luigi's Mansion is the begining of the "mature" Mario change of pace Miyamoto-san was hinting at.  It just has to be, let's add up what we've seen so far:

-Glowy-eyed spooky Slimer-esque ghosts.
-Dark, twisted, and gnarled environments.
-No smiley clouds or shrubbery to be seen.

You know what though?  As long as Nintendo keeps the horrendously offensive, stereotypical, high-pitched Italian accents I've come to know and love, I really like the slightly spookier style of Luigi's upcoming Ghostbusting adventure.

I love-a da broken English-a! :D

BTW- Ghostbusters is one of the best, funniest movies ever.  If you haven't seen it, rent it so you can find all the similarities between Luigi's Mansion and Ghostbusters. :D

-----------------------

-=bï||¥ ©hî||ÿ=-
Haters gonna hate

Print