Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1269234 times)

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #5475 on: April 25, 2011, 08:10:04 PM »
For what it's worth, you should actually play the PSX version. An English patch was released a few years ago, which really makes that the best version available to you if you can't read Japanese. (If you could, the PSP version really is the definitive version.)

« Reply #5476 on: April 30, 2011, 11:17:44 AM »
I finally unlocked everything on MKWii again on my new Wii, and in the process, I double-starred everything, triple-starring 24 of the 32 cups (oddly enough, fewer in 50cc and 100cc than in 150cc).  Additionally, I finally figured out how to block POW blocks.  Turns out I had the timing right all along, but I'd hit random buttons on the D-Pad, as opposed to just D-pad-up, which is the ONLY one that works.  Every poorly-made YouTube video instructing how to block the POW block simply said "do a trick" (aside from the occasional genius who thought you had to dodge with the hop that precedes a powerslide), never specifying that it had to be a wheelie.  I now officially hate anyone who uses the Wii Wheel. 

On the plus side, with 20-30% fewer item hits to worry about, double-starring was a ton easier this time.  Come to think of it, how the heck did I ever manage to double-star anything, let alone the occasional triple, without knowing how to block POW blocks?
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #5477 on: May 05, 2011, 12:40:59 AM »
I don't have my first class tomorrow, which means I'm free until noon.  What am I doing to celebrate?  Watching a baseball game that should have been over about 4 hours ago.  Thanks to a rain delay and a tie game, the Angels and Red Sox are still playing...in the 12th inning.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #5478 on: May 06, 2011, 02:10:36 PM »
I'm a senior in college. [darn].
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #5479 on: May 14, 2011, 05:52:50 PM »
After about five days of funny hearing, my left ear has finally un-popped. Nothing in my power -- be it yawning, swallowing, chewing gum or plugging my nose and blowing through my nostrils until I got lightheaded -- seemed to work, but the problem just went away overnight.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #5480 on: May 15, 2011, 06:54:45 PM »
Freaking 22 more days of high school.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #5481 on: May 17, 2011, 02:50:11 PM »
Had both of my finals for this semester today. Pretty sure I aced both of them.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #5482 on: May 22, 2011, 06:45:17 AM »
I feel happy today.

Like, irrationally giddy.  I'm not sure why, but it's nice.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #5483 on: May 22, 2011, 12:44:03 PM »
I've had that feeling before, just happy for no real reason. It's a fun way to be.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #5484 on: May 22, 2011, 01:31:53 PM »
I feel happy today.

It's your defense mechanism for dealing with being one of the left behind. It'll pass when reality sets in.

« Reply #5485 on: May 22, 2011, 03:02:59 PM »
Hey guys, I'm posting from heaven right now.

Wish you could join me up here; the food is great!
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5486 on: May 22, 2011, 06:09:36 PM »
I feel happy today.

It's nicer when it's permanent
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #5487 on: May 25, 2011, 01:36:23 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Boyi3_ZXtQU

This is the most profoundly influential video I've seen in quite some time. If you have a minute, just watch.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #5488 on: May 25, 2011, 01:40:02 AM »
If you have a minute

but it's four minutes

"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5489 on: May 25, 2011, 02:12:24 AM »
Or if you had a minute four times, can get the job done

(this woulda made a sweet standalone topic)

All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print