Print

Author Topic: TMK Grand Event  (Read 106117 times)

« Reply #105 on: May 27, 2006, 11:26:37 AM »
No pictures of me and Meowrik together were taken, but that's alright.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #106 on: June 27, 2006, 05:59:33 PM »
Finally for the details of my vacation! That's right, I'm posting it in HERE!

My trip was to Washington state--for two whole weeks! Many of you already know about this trip, but there's some new material there as well!
Instead of making a gigantic post, all the key info can be found here for your viewing pleasure!

BEST VACATION EVER! :D
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 06:02:18 PM by Sapphira »
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #107 on: June 27, 2006, 06:25:53 PM »
MAMA MIA!!  I'M-A SO JEALOUS!

That looked like so much fun! *wishes he could think of a better word than fun*  How did you guys plan all of that?  Do you live close together?  Can I come over some time too?  I'll bring chips! XD  How many people at TMK have you met now?  Glad you guys could meet each other.  I think the sculpture looks like a metal mobile home with giant wheels. (And I noticed that my name would have fit on the Scrabble board if you used a space!)

Man, I just gotta meet someone who goes to this website!  Someone who doesn't mind how boring I am, ya know. (Someone who is a bookworm like me)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 06:35:14 PM by Yoshisaurus Rex »
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #108 on: June 27, 2006, 06:51:29 PM »
Plan it? I've been planning to go to Washington since before Christmas! I live far away (NC, remember), but I wanted to visit there. My best friend lives in WA; we grew up together in Cali. Basically, we've all been planning/coordinating stuff since before I bought tickets in Feb/March. We also all had to be flexible (me especially) for changes--some things were played by ear day-to-day while I was there.

Well, it's kind of hard to meet a person who's afraid to give out any personal info about themselves. ;P

Edit: Oh yeah, I've now met 3 TMKers in person. I've talked on the phone with many more, though (E3 2005, anyone?).
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 07:03:16 PM by Sapphira »
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #109 on: June 27, 2006, 07:04:55 PM »
I will attempt to list all the TMK meetups that have ever happened.

Deezer
MEGAߥTE

Vidgmchtr
Meowrik (aka Forest Guy)

Sapphira
Red Paratroopa

MEGAߥTE
David Dayton
Chupperson Weird
Lizard Dude
Fifth
Luigison
Watoad

TEM
Lizard Dude

TEM
Chupperson Weird

Suffix
Watoad

MEGAߥTE
David Dayton
Chupperson Weird
Luigison
Fifth

Suffix
Sapphira
Watoad

Did I miss anything? This puts Watoad in the lead with 8 TMKers met and MEGAߥTE, Lizard Dude, and Chupperson Weird in second place with 7 TMKers met.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 07:06:36 PM by Lizard Dude »

Jman

• Score
« Reply #110 on: June 27, 2006, 07:36:09 PM »
And then there was the possible meeting that NEVER happened.  I passed through Havre, Montana, twice in the last two years during the summer, and stopped at Wendys' twice for lunch.  But as you know, I did not have the chance to meet up with LD.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #111 on: June 27, 2006, 08:14:05 PM »
Finally for the details...

Ah! It's finally here! For the record, Sapphira and Watoad were not obnoxious in comparison to me, they were simply less reserved. It took me forever to figure out just how wet I wanted to get near that fountain, but a jet turned on and that was that. Almost everything on camera that I did seemed slow...

And I had told myself earlier that day, "Don't be a stranger! Don't be so reserved!" But, of course, I don't get enough practice as it is.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #112 on: June 27, 2006, 08:38:03 PM »
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Sapph, nice job on the page! :o

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #113 on: June 29, 2006, 01:34:27 AM »
Guuurgh... You people are so lucky, meeting each other and everything... I mean, I know 2 TMKers in real life but one doesn't even frequent the board and both were introduced to it by me anyway, so that doesn't count.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #114 on: June 29, 2006, 09:17:22 AM »
Sapphira, good job on the summer vacation page.  I want a picture of me inbetween those buildings one day.  I liked seeing Suffix jumping.  Finally some emotion from that guy.  The scrabble board was pure wootness.

Lizard Dude, I think that list is correct.  I've only made two meetups.  There was the time I sneaked into Deezer house and took a picture of his toilet, but I didn't meet him.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #115 on: June 29, 2006, 06:51:56 PM »
I think every TMKer should make a pilgrimage to those buildings and take their picture between them.  It'll be our own little Mecca.
This is a secret coded message.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #116 on: July 17, 2008, 12:56:55 AM »
I live in California, but have never seen MEGAߥTE anywhere. The odds of finding someone randomly, and even then knowing who they are are really slim. I mean, Mß could be anyone, anywhere... Even being in the same town as someone here doesn't mean you'll catch them. That is, unless you know where they'll be at what time and it's all planned out first.
I was in Portland, OR on Saturday, and I ran into a friend from my dorm in undergrad... which was in VA, who also happened to have her brother visiting, who is attending the same school as my girlfriend, in CA, who was also with me.

But as a real excuse to post here, obligatory Seattle meetup pic:

and the bricks...
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 01:29:40 AM by MEGAߥTE »

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #117 on: July 17, 2008, 01:17:54 AM »
Good [golly]. Looking back at my when-I-was-14-posts I kinda sounded [like a jerk]. lol wow how times have changed.

I think I just realized why Chupperson STILL doesn't like me. "You never get a second chance to make a first impression."

That was even in the time where Vid didn't even like me and some old members tried to be really cocky!

Oh, and let's not forget the early sadib100/marioguy YAY crap. He had shaped up the last time I had talked to him (read: a few years).

Wow when your girlfriend stole the computer and the only USB keyboard in the house is the one she's on, it sure does suck to use the Wii to write out messages.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 05:08:59 AM by Sapphira »
Formerly quite reasonable.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #118 on: July 17, 2008, 08:26:19 AM »
Good [golly]. Looking back at my when-I-was-14-posts I kinda sounded [like a jerk]. lol wow how times have changed.
Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 06:08:59 am by Sapphira
Good [golly] indeed.

Anyway, where exactly in Seattle are those brick walls located?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #119 on: July 17, 2008, 11:00:56 AM »
Actually, I'd seriously like to know now that I live there!
I'm a horrible person.

Print