Print

Author Topic: Gears of War 3  (Read 12623 times)

« on: September 09, 2011, 01:09:48 PM »
Not sure why this game doesn't have its own topic.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7RwoaiMFjA" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7RwoaiMFjA</a>

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 11:01:34 PM »
That lancer is pretty cool.  Can't say I'm anywhere NEAR enough a fan to desire it, but cool regardless.

Also, don't need to hear about Ice T's arousal from the 360...

And finally, is the story deep and engaging enough for me to buy the second before I get this?  Will I be lost, or is it essentially People dieing, locust attacking, tough guy sound bang bang?  I'd just a soon get the cliffnotes version of 2, but if it's actually good I might try to find it cheap.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 12:59:29 PM »
(caring about the story in Gears of War games)

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 01:00:22 PM »
Gears of War 2 does have one of the funniest dialogue deliveries I've ever heard.

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 02:32:49 PM »
That's what I was saying.  I didn't think it was important, but I never played the second one so I didn't know.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 10:59:47 PM »
I'm lovin' Gears 3 but have two complaints:

1) Most of the time the matchmaking seems fine but I've had a few stretches where I couldn't get matches in seemingly any mode. It probably doesn't help that, according to the in-game numbers, 80% of people are playing in ghey Quick Matches and not legit Ranked Matches. n00bs! I also partially blame Epic for not requiring Ranked for achievements or leveling up anymore.

2) I've seen 0% of the campaign because bobman37 is a DUKAR!

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 01:04:37 AM »
Yeah sorry I kind of stood you up this weekend. I had some stuff come up and wasn't home basically at all. But my schedule is relatively back to normal this week so we can bust it open this week.

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2011, 04:42:21 AM »
Oh man this game makes me want an Xbox like a fat boy wants cake. No chance of a PC release for Gears 2 and 3?
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2011, 01:28:37 PM »
It'll never happen. But ironically in Gears 3 there's an unlock that requires an achievement in Gears PC.

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2011, 02:26:49 PM »
So, I haven't really looked to much into it, but are all the different gun skins available by way of unlockable means? I know that they are the main thing you get from doing stuff in the earlier games, but are all the ones available that way?  Because I've seen people with a number of skins, and I know you can buy them, and I'll admit to not understanding one bit why someone would buy that.  What's 240GP, like $3 right? For something that took one of the art guys probably a couple hours to do.  Maps? Okay, sure, I might pay for something that actually has gameplay additions.  Not much, because I'm cheap and poor, but hypothetically, sure.  Of course, if it is all available though the gameplay, this just looks insane.

Also, I forgot how much I hate shotguns.  I can't hit jack.  Enemies are surgeons.  I am taking forever to get better. 

And Beast is so much fun.

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2011, 04:16:26 PM »
You can unlock select few skins by participating in Gears events or other random things. Most of the other ones are unlocked only by ca$h monaaaay.

Learning to combat the endless stream of shotgunners is a steep curve, really you just need to be good at waiting. Gears is not a run-and-gun game unless you're REALLY good at running and gunning. Sit behind cover in a firefight and take potshots at opponents with the hammerburst or retro lancer until you get the feel for how much one needs shooting to go down. Of course, don't sit in the same spot for too long, because they'll find you and shotgun you.

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2011, 07:56:36 PM »
Okay, so I bet a fair amount of people are busy with Skydragon killers, or Merry Marvel Marching Society fighting, but I was a-wondering...

My buddy finally got his 360, or rather a new 360 since the deserts of Afghanistan iare murder to a device already prone to heating issues, and I played through the campaign with him.  It was fun.  Lambent 'Zerker was the only part that was not fun, the rest was great, even when it took a number of attempts.  And when we finished, we decided we wanted to go through on Insane, and I told him I knew some guys who we might be able to get to play through 4-player.  You are those guys.  If you're interested, I'll try and get him on here to get a schedule set up.  And at least I know most the guys here are better at games than either of us, carry our sad sacks through it.

And I don't know if you guys have tried it, but Azura multiplayer map is gorgeous.

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2011, 08:16:12 PM »
Yeah dude me and LD will do it.

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2011, 11:35:34 PM »
Tell us when to be there.

We should do this quick; beating Insane before Christmas unlocks weapon skins.

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2011, 01:59:12 PM »
The boss of this game was rape-hard, especially compared to other bosses in the game. Gears 1 had a pretty hard end boss too, now that I think about it.

Anyway, NEW MAPS TODAY

Mikey, what's this fourth player's gamertag?

Print